What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down to 3 tubs any advice Sundance Lay-z-boy and Bullfrog  (Read 11296 times)

Andocrx

Down to 3 tubs any advice Sundance Lay-z-boy and Bullfrog
« on: May 08, 2019, 10:05:15 pm »
Hi everyone,

We are shopping for our first tub and have narrowed it down to 3

Sundance Optima
Lay-Z-Boy Mirage BY Hydropool
Bullfrog A7

Would really like to hear your thoughts on those 3 that we have narrowed it down to.   I know what a lot of you are going to tell me and its to wet test them and we are absolutely going to do that  hopefully over the next week we can fit then all in.

Few things we liked about these tubs are the large seating/ captain chairs and the big foot well in the center of the tub where we have fund on some models the center foot well is not big enough to fit 5-6 people. 

Would really like to hear from Bullfrog owners on how they are liking there spa and if they have had any major complaints  with them i cant find a lot online with people complaining about having a lot of issues with them.  I really like there design of the tub with less plumbing and being able to pick your spa packs and place it where ever you like in the tub.

I am sure the wet test will tell us alot and will answer a lot of our question but being a first time buyer of a hot tub any advice on certain question we should be asking to the the seller.   

The optima is from a sundance dealer and would be serviced from them we are located in Canada close to Toronto area and there are many sundance dealers in the Greater Toronto area. Not positive on there warranty need to find out how long they give on part and labor.

The A7 would be bought from a store who sell tubs , outdoor furniture and also will do landscaping.  Based on online review they are a trusted company and have been in business for about 12 years with 2 stores . I believe Bullfrog come with 5 year parts and labor but maybe someone can confirm?

The Lay-z-boy Mirage would be purchased right from the Hydropool factory here in Mississauga ont and you are able to see the tubs being tested through show room window at the factory.  They would be doing any service if needed comes with a 3 year warranty.

Sorry to drag this on but hope to hear your feed back .
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Down to 3 tubs any advice Sundance Lay-z-boy and Bullfrog
« on: May 08, 2019, 10:05:15 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Down to 3 tubs any advice Sundance Lay-z-boy and Bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 12:48:14 pm »
Good luck with your choice. I've only seen the Lazyboy tubs once, many years ago. Not sure if they have changed.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 07:42:09 am »
Have you wet tested all 3?  If not, do that first.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 03:47:10 pm »
I would not personally put lazy boy/Hydropool in the same class as Sundance and Bullfrog.  I am not an owner but a dealer that sells Bullfrog (and a few other brands) and I can't tell you how many times I've had people come in to wet test and mention that the Bullfrog jets are in a class of their own.  They are generally very reliable and a great company to work with. 

Sundance also makes a great hot tub with excellent jetting. They are owned by Apollo Group which is the largest hot tub manufacturer in the world and began with Jacuzzi, the Kleenex of hot tubs.  The Sundance should have a 5 year warranty just like the Bullfrog.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 06:18:59 pm »

+1

If [BRAND X] is the greatest thing ever, but you sit in it and it does not at all feel comfortable, are you going to buy [BRAND X]?

Andocrx

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 07:46:10 pm »
Hi all,

Thanks Sam for your response to my post, BullFrog is First of the three that I am most interested I would say.

NO we have not wet tested any yet we are planning on wet testing the lay-z-boy Mirage this weekend and will  try and fit in one more of the other 2 if time permits. 

will update when we wet test each and let you all know what we thought of them.

Thanks

Andocrx

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 12:19:25 pm »

HI Sam,

Wonder if you can tell me which are the most popular jet packs that we should request to ask to try and we go for our wet test.  We are looking for something that will a good powerful massage.

Thanks

+1

If [BRAND X] is the greatest thing ever, but you sit in it and it does not at all feel comfortable, are you going to buy [BRAND X]?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 01:17:08 pm »

+2 to this. For what’s its worth I would also put Sundance and BF way above hydropool/lazy boy any day of the week from a performance and a efficiency standpoint.

swilly1000

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 12:47:29 am »
I can't tell you how many times I've had people come in to wet test and mention that the Bullfrog jets are in a class of their own.

Master Twilight Series is best in class...period.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 07:33:12 am »
Master Twilight Series is best in class...period.

Your best in class is a lot different than mine and a majority of other folks.
Retired

Andocrx

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 08:33:58 pm »
Hi Everyone,

So we wet tested the Lay-Z-Boy Tranquility spa today this model  has the lounger.
http://www.lazboyhottubs.com/en/Hot_Tubs/Premier_Collection/HPHTLZPremier-Tranquility__Tranquility

At first we were looking at the Mirage without lounger but  decided to give it a try and wow I loved that seat high powered jets from your back, hips, legs  right down to your foot.  I was a little unsure because I heard people say that they didn't like a lounger because they found they floated out of the chair i did not have this problem at all.

I would say We were quite happy with it but at the same time have nothing to compare it to.  We are planning on wet testing the BullFrog A7 and the Sundance Optima next weekend hopefully we will be able to find a winner !

Will keep you all updated

Sam

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 12:27:13 pm »

HI Sam,

Wonder if you can tell me which are the most popular jet packs that we should request to ask to try and we go for our wet test.  We are looking for something that will a good powerful massage.

Thanks

+1

Trio, neck masseuse, oscillator, alleviate, gyrossage, versa, wellness, rainshower, deep relief, and pulsator are the most popular.  My personal favorites are the trio, oscillator, rainshower, gyrossage, and alleviate.

Andocrx

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2019, 04:33:22 pm »
Thanks Sam will be sure to to make sure we test those packs when we go in.

Have a good night

Andocrx

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 06:56:50 pm »

Update Saturday we are going for Back to back Wet test first to Bull Frog to test the A7L then we will head over to Sundance to test the Optima.

Will let you know how we make out so far we wet tested the Lay-Z-boy Tranqulity and liked it but do not have nothing to compare it to yet.

Well let you know how we make out on Saturday! 

bradleyabell

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:59 am »
Good luck!! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42