What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fixing my bathroom jetted tub - Question about water vs air hoses  (Read 2769 times)

zeroclient

I'm fixing my jetted bathroom tub and trying to understand how the 1" Water and 1" Air hoses are SUPPOSED to connect to the pump, air supply, jets.  The tub I cannot find the name/brand, but the jets and jet housings are closest the the Hydro-Air Balboa slimline jets like here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L2PD7LG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, on MY tube, looks like the air supply nozzle (finger twist manual control) is part of the upper jet supply hose, which is 1".  This should be the air supply I beleive.  The water line also being 1" is the lower connection on the jet block.  So, I think I understand, that the system<s> work in parallel - IE the water is drawn through the pump and pushed out the BOTTOM part of the jet housing, while the air is supposedly drawn in through the top section of the jet block - that is when the water creates a suction through each jet.  This system has no airpump and so air is manual drawn in by the rushing flow of water which creates a negative pressure for air to be sucked into the system. Is that correct?

Otherwise, I think someone plumbed this tub incorrectly.  The water supply line 1" coming off the pump is tied into the upper fitting of the jet block, which is also T-ed into the air supply nozzle (Finger twist manual control).  This is causing water to spray out the air control when I try to open it and no air comes out of the jets.  I'm thinking someone plumbed this thing while drunk, standing upside down, or during a failed repair.

I just want to be sure of this - before I go and cut/re-plumb, and fix the issue with new hoses and couplers.

Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Fixing my bathroom jetted tub - Question about water vs air hoses
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 07:08:46 pm »
I'm fixing my jetted bathroom tub and trying to understand how the 1" Water and 1" Air hoses are SUPPOSED to connect to the pump, air supply, jets.  The tub I cannot find the name/brand, but the jets and jet housings are closest the the Hydro-Air Balboa slimline jets like here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L2PD7LG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, on MY tube, looks like the air supply nozzle (finger twist manual control) is part of the upper jet supply hose, which is 1".  This should be the air supply I beleive.  The water line also being 1" is the lower connection on the jet block.  So, I think I understand, that the system<s> work in parallel - IE the water is drawn through the pump and pushed out the BOTTOM part of the jet housing, while the air is supposedly drawn in through the top section of the jet block - that is when the water creates a suction through each jet.  This system has no airpump and so air is manual drawn in by the rushing flow of water which creates a negative pressure for air to be sucked into the system. Is that correct?

Otherwise, I think someone plumbed this tub incorrectly.  The water supply line 1" coming off the pump is tied into the upper fitting of the jet block, which is also T-ed into the air supply nozzle (Finger twist manual control).  This is causing water to spray out the air control when I try to open it and no air comes out of the jets.  I'm thinking someone plumbed this thing while drunk, standing upside down, or during a failed repair.

I just want to be sure of this - before I go and cut/re-plumb, and fix the issue with new hoses and couplers.

Thank you

You are correct and that's hilarious. After the guy hooked it up and turned it on I wonder what was going through his head when water shot out the top valves......LOL
Retired

zeroclient

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:35:12 pm »
Thanks.  Luckily I was able to correct the issue with a few 1" couplers, flex pvc, and primer/glue.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:35:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42