What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saratoga Spas, Adelphi model, first new hot tub  (Read 3276 times)

bco2jco

Saratoga Spas, Adelphi model, first new hot tub
« on: April 27, 2019, 02:39:26 am »
Hi all, I am brand new on here. I am replacing a nearly 30yr old Jacuzzi Palio that came with my house with me using it for the last 10 years.  There seems to be a lot of giant tubs out there, but a smaller sized tub is for me since it will be just two of us using it most of the time. I do want the option of having 3-4 people in it occasionally. 

I have not looked at that many tubs yet but the selection near me seems to be somewhat limited. I am in central NY state (Ithaca/Auburn) area. I want a quality tub and i am less concerned with bells and whistles but more on build quality.
I have found a Saratoga Spas Adelphi model being sold by a dealer that is very close to my home. It seems to be just right in terms of size at 240gal, 3 seats including a lounge. I am looking forward to the lounge as my old tub did not have one. It is a 3 seater, but the layout seems flexible enough to fix a 4th person in if pressed to. It is part of their higher tier Luxury Line, so it seems pretty well equipped.
It is a 2018 floor model and the price is $5400 (list price $6000) including delivery and removal of my old tub. This seems like a real good deal to me, but I dont have a lot of comparison.
Do you think $5400 is good price for a Saratoga Adelphi?
I am pretty comfortable with the quality of Saratoga but only from what I have read in this forum and other online sources.
Does anyone have any real strong feelings about Saratoga, either good or bad? 
Also looked at a similar sized Jacuzzi J315 but it seemed more cramped inside. And the price was $7700 which was a quick quote and I did not try to negotiate but I doubt they will drop $2300 though so the I dont think Jacuzzi can get near the $5400 Saratoga.   Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

Saratoga Spas, Adelphi model, first new hot tub
« on: April 27, 2019, 02:39:26 am »

castletonia

Re: Saratoga Spas, Adelphi model, first new hot tub
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 08:44:24 am »
Price seems really low.  $6,000 seems low.  I sold Saratoga back in the early 2000’s and even then an Adelphi was $5,500 -$6,000.  Last time I saw Saratoga pricing was probably 5-6 years ago and if my memory is correct, I thought the Adelphi should have sold for $7,000-$8,000 based on wholesale cost.

Saratoga is not a well known brand.  I thought they made a quality product but I have not seen one that was any newer than 2010.  They are made local to you in Latham New York which is a positive.  If the tub fits you and the dealer is reputable, then I think it’s a good buy especially for the money.

bco2jco

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 10:50:36 am »
Thanks for you input. I am feeling pretty good about this tub and this deal. I guess I am looking for a little reassurance. Even though $6k might be on the lower end for buying a tub, I don't spend that much on a non-essential item without putting a lot of thought into it.
I am expecting (hoping) this tub to last 15 years!! Wish me luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 10:50:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42