What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Calling all La-z-boy or Hydropool Owners  (Read 4751 times)

Andocrx

Calling all La-z-boy or Hydropool Owners
« on: April 12, 2019, 10:32:00 pm »
Hello all,

We are considering a La-z-boy hot tub by Hydropool and would really like to hear  from fellow owners.

Please tell me if your happy with your tub, if you have had any issues with it.  One thing I am a little weary is that hydropool does not use a full foam insulation tub which may not by able to keep the tub hot  At the same time while trying to do some  research I cant really find any reviews or complains from owners saying that its an issue. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Calling all La-z-boy or Hydropool Owners
« on: April 12, 2019, 10:32:00 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Calling all La-z-boy or Hydropool Owners
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 07:54:00 am »
Hello all,

We are considering a La-z-boy hot tub by Hydropool and would really like to hear  from fellow owners.

Please tell me if your happy with your tub, if you have had any issues with it.  One thing I am a little weary is that hydropool does not use a full foam insulation tub which may not by able to keep the tub hot  At the same time while trying to do some  research I cant really find any reviews or complains from owners saying that its an issue. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

You might not find a ton of owners of either of those options here. If someone came here asking for professional advice and not owner advice our advice would not be favorable.
Retired

Andocrx

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 10:56:05 am »

Hi There

thanks for your input .

We are still shopping and I think we are down to 3 tubs we want to go wet test ,

Hot springs Pulse.
Bull Frog A7 or A8
Lay-ZBoy by Hydropool Tranquility

So far the price without any Negotiation on the Pulse is $12,499 Canadian .
La-z-boy Tranquility $12,600 Canadian,
NO price yet on the Bull frog.

Not sure if those are good prices or not  Will see what I can find out tomorrow when we go out shopping again.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 01:19:37 pm »
Extremely good price on the Pulse.

Andocrx

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 01:44:49 pm »

Hi Castletonia,

DO you own a hot spring Pluse or hot spring tub?

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 02:09:41 pm »
I’m a Hot Spring/Caldera/Marquis dealer.  If I am correct your Canadian prices translates to about $9500 USD.  If that is correct, your are a good $1500-$2000 less than most any dealer would think of selling a Pulse for.

Andocrx

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 02:14:33 pm »
Thanks Castletonia,

Thats good new to hear now I guess I need to test it and see how we like it. 

Have a good weekend

Sam

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 03:06:22 pm »
I wouldn't spend that much on a lazy-boy. The Bullfrog and Hot Spring are in a class above, in my opinion.

Andocrx

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 03:14:29 pm »
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your input may I ask why you say that?  Not arguing your comment just would like to hear you reasoning behind that. 
Is there something that they are lacking in ? 

Thanks

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 03:24:46 pm »
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your input may I ask why you say that?  Not arguing your comment just would like to hear you reasoning behind that. 

Thanks

In my opinion insulation is where they are lacking big time. The Lazy boy tub is actually quite a comfortable line of tubs but the poor insulation and average at best performance is why I’m not a huge fan of them

Andocrx

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 04:03:47 pm »
Hi Hottubguy,

Thanks for your reply to my question. 
Of the concerns that I had about the LZB tub would be the insulation your right but in searching the web and a few service techs I have talked to I have yet to hear of one of them complaining about keeping the tub hot  or paying a whole lot more to heat the tub. 

From a comfort stand point I have heard they are nice to seat and hydropool sales guy said even more then there own line of tubs.

Performance I will find out when I go to  wet test it sometime soon.

Sam

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 05:06:03 pm »
Hi Sam,

Thanks

As stated by hot tub guy, insulation is my personal big one.  Jet performance is subpar.  They use a lot of bullet or euro jets that don't offer much in the way of therapy or deep tissue massage. Their cabinets are cheap.  They use the old gecko packs and heaters which I'm not a big fan of (gecko pumps aren't terrible but their other electronics are unreliable and unnecessarily complicated).

The parent company isn't known for having the best quality and customer support and they pay a lot of money to license the lazyboy name.  That price is being passed on to the consumer.  So essentially you are overpaying for a hydropool spa that is middle of the road at best.

Andocrx

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 09:18:36 pm »
Hi Sam,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me with your thoughts and breaking it down a little more for me. 

Will take that into consideration.

have a good night

Hi Sam,

Thanks

As stated by hot tub guy, insulation is my personal big one.  Jet performance is subpar.  They use a lot of bullet or euro jets that don't offer much in the way of therapy or deep tissue massage. Their cabinets are cheap.  They use the old gecko packs and heaters which I'm not a big fan of (gecko pumps aren't terrible but their other electronics are unreliable and unnecessarily complicated).

The parent company isn't known for having the best quality and customer support and they pay a lot of money to license the lazyboy name.  That price is being passed on to the consumer.  So essentially you are overpaying for a hydropool spa that is middle of the road at best.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 09:18:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42