What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decisions: Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, or Bullfrog, others?  (Read 12286 times)

castletonia

Re: Decisions: Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, or Bullfrog, others?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:11 am »
Lots of Bullfrog fans - I like it.  :-)

Anyone have any thoughts on the Jacuzzi or the Jacuzzi price?  I know this is a new model - I believe that the 2019 J-485 is the replacement for the J-470.

Not a Jacuzzi dealer, but I think that is a fair price on the J485.  I've seen my local Jacuzzi dealer quote out the 300 series for $10k plus so I would think a 400 series would be at least $2k-$3k more.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:11 am »

d00nut

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 12:13:02 pm »
I use to sell BF and Jacuzzi.  No longer on both.

The A8 price is a bit low based on my past sales experience.

The 400 series is really expensive... so based off years of not selling the Jacuzzi brand, I could tell you that 400 price is insanely low, especially if that is out the door...

I saw pictures of the new 400 cabinet, it looks really nice I agree. 

dw886

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 09:21:21 am »
Thanks - this is helpful!  So does it seem that the Jacuzzi is a better value if the J485 and the A8 are equivalents in terms of features?

castletonia

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 01:40:23 pm »
The Jacuzzi is only a better value if it feels better than the Bullfrog.  Assuming there are no red flags with either dealer, I would wet test and let that be your decision maker. 

dw886

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 03:49:58 pm »
So candidly asking after watching this forum for ~ 30 days, it seems that the most recommended brand is Hot Springs, or threads with a mention of Hot Springs get the most feedback.  Is that because most of the folks on here that are in the industry are Hot Springs fans, there's a few Bull Frog lurkers, and really a small presence that work with other brands, like Jacuzzi?

Sorry for being direct, I'm just trying to understand if I should be looking harder at Hot Springs, or if it's just a lot of Hot Springs sales folks.  I'm not huge on the layout with the corner being consumed by the filter housing, because I see us having 4 people in the tub, and the desired seating locations to be at the corners when there's 4 people akin to how when there's two people on a couch, they always sit on opposite ends vs choosing the middle.  Maybe I'm just overthinking it...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 04:25:01 pm »
Purchase what fits you best. Jacuzzi, Bullfrog and Hot Springs all make a good product. Really don’t think you can go wrong with any of the above mentioned. Another key is to buy from
A reputable dealer. I sell none of the 3 mentioned. I sell Caldera and Marquis.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 04:27:05 pm »
So candidly asking after watching this forum for ~ 30 days, it seems that the most recommended brand is Hot Springs, or threads with a mention of Hot Springs get the most feedback.  Is that because most of the folks on here that are in the industry are Hot Springs fans, there's a few Bull Frog lurkers, and really a small presence that work with other brands, like Jacuzzi?

Sorry for being direct, I'm just trying to understand if I should be looking harder at Hot Springs, or if it's just a lot of Hot Springs sales folks.  I'm not huge on the layout with the corner being consumed by the filter housing, because I see us having 4 people in the tub, and the desired seating locations to be at the corners when there's 4 people akin to how when there's two people on a couch, they always sit on opposite ends vs choosing the middle.  Maybe I'm just overthinking it...

Hot Springs has 23% of the market.  They also are the largest advertiser, by far.  That is why they are spoken of the most.  I'd wager most professionals would put them on the top half of the spectrum in terms of quality.  As to how great or not great they are, I'll leave that to more interested parties to discuss.

The decision should be based on:  What is most comfortable to *you*, and who's in it 90, 95% of the time.  If its only 2, who cares about seats 3, 4, 5.  If you feel you'll have some entertaining, then seats 3-5 are something to consider for sure.  In all my years, the overwhelming majority of 2nd hot tub purchasers downsize to a smaller tub.  Take it for what its worth. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2019, 05:41:16 pm »

Hot Springs has been around a long time and sells more hot tubs than any other company (is it Watkins still?) With that many units out a good data set on longevity is out there. They earned their reputation. But that does not tell you if their tub is more comfortable.
Retired

RubberDucky1337

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2019, 01:30:56 pm »
Long time lurker first time poster.

All three of those hot tubs are good (but there isn't really a bad hot tub is there?  ;D )

I will tell you that the price you were quoted for the J-475 is insanely low. Also, they began production on the new J-400 models earlier this month. (One of my customers had one of the first J-445 delivered with the new cabinets about three weeks ago). They look about 10,000 times better in person. [NOTE: I'm a hot tub salesman not a mathematician]. But really the new waterfall and new pillows are what really make those game changers for me. That waterfall is IMO the best neck jet in hot tubs.

As someone brand new to the hot tub industry I'd suggest trying out the models first. When I was hot tub shopping I tested Marquis, Caldera, HotSpring, Bullfrog, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Coast, & Dimension One. They all felt good because ... it is hot water. But really I liked the way Jacuzzi felt the best. Although, Marquis' microsilk felt real unique.

Sam

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2019, 04:48:10 pm »
Agreed.  Hot Spring is a great one to look at but you should also look at Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Marquis, Artesian, Sundance, Dimension One, and maybe a few others.  There is no "best" hot tub.  There are about 7-10 manufacturers that should all be considered in that discussion.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2019, 05:40:42 pm »

Hot Springs has been around a long time and sells more hot tubs than any other company (is it Watkins still?) With that many units out a good data set on longevity is out there. They earned their reputation. But that does not tell you if their tub is more comfortable.

Still the same Watkins, well they're pumping them out of Tijuana now but the leadership is still the same and assume all 'business decisions' still come out of Cali

kies1

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2019, 06:16:40 pm »
We have a Mexican built flash. Have had a couple minor issues but all dealt with right away. I think still a good quality product. Ask me on 5 years lol.

Snowba

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2019, 08:01:22 pm »
We have a Bullfrog A8 and love it. Easy to get 6 people in if you don't mind a bit of knees/thighs touching - 8 if people are sitting in the cool down seats. Usually it's just my husband and I or me and 1-2 girlfriends. Haven't had a single issue since it was delivered a year ago.

dw886

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2019, 05:25:30 pm »
Has anyone seen the new J485 in person?  Curious as to how the fit / finish is on the new cabinet, and if it's on-par with the Hot Springs Vanguard and Bullfrog A8?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2019, 10:39:19 pm »

Still the same Watkins, well they're pumping them out of Tijuana now but the leadership is still the same and assume all 'business decisions' still come out of Cali
[/quote]

Highlife collection (Grandee, Vanguard, etc. still built in Vista, CA, USA.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2019, 10:39:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42