What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Painting Synthetic Cabinet/Skirt  (Read 3454 times)

macabra11

Painting Synthetic Cabinet/Skirt
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:42:11 am »
I will be getting a 2012 Hot Springs Vanguard spa very soon. I would like to freshen up the exterior skirt and change the color to a much darker color (currently it is a light redwood and I'd like a darker mocha color) better match my house/trim, but I can't seem to find what paint would work best on the Everwood material. I plan to pressure wash the surface before painting. Any tips or suggestions as to what paint would work? In my research a couple places that Sherwin Williams carries something that would work.

Hot Tub Forum

Painting Synthetic Cabinet/Skirt
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:42:11 am »

bud16415

Re: Painting Synthetic Cabinet/Skirt
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 11:58:39 am »
I would go to a quality paint store and ask advice. Not the local box store where finding the right person to talk to is hit or miss. The primer will be the critical step along with prepping the surface to be clean.

They paint PVC trim on houses all the time and I think the panels are similar.

Google can also be your friend as I’m sure you will find ideas. Just don’t believe everything you read.

Lastly test the product you end up with on the back first and see what you think. 

macabra11

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 06:38:29 pm »
Well in case anyone else is ever looking for this information, I found out that Hot Springs Everwood cabinets come pre-treated with Sherwin Williams Woodscapes Solid Acrylic Stain. So if you are looking to freshen up or change the color of your Everwood cabinet, that is the product you want.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 06:38:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42