What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Frog Ease for Bullfrog Tub?  (Read 6947 times)

Snowba

Frog Ease for Bullfrog Tub?
« on: April 29, 2019, 07:58:40 pm »
We love our Bullfrog A8 and go in about 2-4 nights a week year round. However, to be honest, we aren't that great about keeping the chlorine up and the water crystal clear.

Thinking about adding Frog Ease to our tub - any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Frog Ease for Bullfrog Tub?
« on: April 29, 2019, 07:58:40 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Frog Ease for Bullfrog Tub?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 08:24:36 am »
 We just brought the frog ease in and I like it.   Pretty "easy" to use.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 02:15:36 pm »
What type of Chlorine do they use for these systems? They call it SmartChlor but don’t specify other than it’s not dichlor. Just curious....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 10:53:45 am »
What type of Chlorine do they use for these systems? They call it SmartChlor but don’t specify other than it’s not dichlor. Just curious....

It is a relatively new product. It is compatible with dichlor but is a slow release in hot water more like bromine.

I dose my tub daily with dichlor even though it has an inline frog system that takes the smart chlorine canisters / @ease. When we go away I pop in an @ease to cover us when gone.

The other affordable method would be to switch to salt and buy a saltron-mini. It is a DIY project as it doesn’t involve getting into the tubs plumbing.   

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 04:38:22 pm »

Its a proprietary chlorine:  DCDMH (I think).  It is Di-Chlor, but a special type that they have patented.  Aim is to have the FC at 0.5ppm w/the TC at 10-15ppm.  I have the off-line floating @ease in my spa and I love it.  I can go a week (don't be like me, this is not an endorsement of not checking your spa for a week and actually pretty poor spa water management) sometimes w/o checking the water if I am very busy with work, etc. and the sanitizer is always where it needs to be.  The Bullfrog type will be different than the in-line (Marquis, Caldera, and Artesian have exclusivity on it) as it will be in the filter area. 

In all, I really like @ease.  Not saying it is better than (fill in the blank type system), as I've used almost everything out there.  Right now, however, @ease suits my busy lifestyle.  I suspect I'll eventually do what I always do and that is go switch to something else (working for a hot tub manufacturer, I always have to be on top of all sanitizer types).  But I've been on @ease for a while and I enjoy it. 

Key is:  Keep spa temp above 94F, and keep pH in line always.

I hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward.

leapinglizard

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 01:25:54 pm »
I have been attempting to find the dichlor product that is in the SmartChlor Cartridges with no luck.  I would like to re-use the cartridges and save some $$.  Has anyone been able to get the product bulk?  I don't want to mess with using the wrong thing.  We have used only @Ease in line in our spa since we got it last August, it works pretty well until the third month of use with the mineral cartridge and then the pH and Alk keep dropping and have to put baking soda in a couple times a week to keep things in a good range.

gmdodt

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 11:23:40 pm »
I opened up the bromine ones and refilled with small tabs...would love to do the same thing the @ease as well. Stopped using bromine bc of skin issues

bud16415

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 08:46:29 am »
I have been attempting to find the dichlor product that is in the SmartChlor Cartridges with no luck.  I would like to re-use the cartridges and save some $$.  Has anyone been able to get the product bulk?  I don't want to mess with using the wrong thing.  We have used only @Ease in line in our spa since we got it last August, it works pretty well until the third month of use with the mineral cartridge and then the pH and Alk keep dropping and have to put baking soda in a couple times a week to keep things in a good range.

As far as I know the @ease  product is not available in bulk. It is a proprietary product at this time.

I open the @ease products and dump the contents into a marked plastic container, If we go on vacation for a week I put a quarter of it back in, if 2 weeks half. The rest of the year I use dichlor daily.

My thoughts are if I have the tub open to use it or test it why not just take a few seconds and add the dichlor. The @ease product is more expensive but works well if you are going to be gone.   

gmdodt

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 03:04:35 pm »
https://www.amazon.com/2000-290074-Chlorine-Antibacterial-Automatic/dp/B013THF84S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500428656&sr=8-2&keywords=2000+flushes

this product has the exact same chemical make up as the @ease smartchlor.  Thoughts?  Not sure how the quantity pans out in terms of price versus whats in the smartchlor cartridge

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 05:09:56 pm »
https://www.amazon.com/2000-290074-Chlorine-Antibacterial-Automatic/dp/B013THF84S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500428656&sr=8-2&keywords=2000+flushes

this product has the exact same chemical make up as the @ease smartchlor.  Thoughts?  Not sure how the quantity pans out in terms of price versus whats in the smartchlor cartridge

Looks like the same ingredients but if you look up the weight you would be spending more buying these things then Smartchlor

gmdodt

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 08:57:40 pm »
How frustrating..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 08:57:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42