What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just bought a Bullfrog R7 - want aux buttons for jet controls (Gecko control)  (Read 5803 times)

mattyj

We recently had our R7 delivered and it's great so far. I didn't really consider the A series as it was the same tub with some accessories added in for a lot more money.

BUT, I really wish I had the auxiliary control buttons for the jets, like the A series does, as opposed to only controlling them from the front display.

I cannot seem to find the parts online to make this happen. I think this is because they just switched to Gecko controls and I am only finding the accessories for Balboa systems.

My assumption is that I can easily bore a hole in the shell or skirt to install these buttons and plug them into the Gecko controller. Does anyone have a parts list for the 2019 tubs yet?

Hot Tub Forum

d00nut

I had no idea...did Bullfrog really just switch to Gecko?  That makes my parts stocking a pain...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
We recently had our R7 delivered and it's great so far. I didn't really consider the A series as it was the same tub with some accessories added in for a lot more money.

BUT, I really wish I had the auxiliary control buttons for the jets, like the A series does, as opposed to only controlling them from the front display.

I cannot seem to find the parts online to make this happen. I think this is because they just switched to Gecko controls and I am only finding the accessories for Balboa systems.

My assumption is that I can easily bore a hole in the shell or skirt to install these buttons and plug them into the Gecko controller. Does anyone have a parts list for the 2019 tubs yet?

Ask your dealer............
Retired

mattyj

I had no idea...did Bullfrog really just switch to Gecko?  That makes my parts stocking a pain...

Yes, my R7 has a Gecko in.yt 

I asked my dealer. They said they don't have the updated parts catalog for 2019 Gecko models yet.

Sam

Yep, Bullfrog switched to gecko.  When I first heard I was very disappointed, but after speaking with people and seeing some in the field I have confidence that it will be a solid improvement.  Bullfrog takes reliability and quality very seriously and would not accept anything less than the best.  So far, so good.  I definitely have my reservations but I have faith that any issues will be addressed immediately and properly. 

I can't help with adding aux buttons.  Still learning the new systems.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Yep, Bullfrog switched to gecko.  When I first heard I was very disappointed, but after speaking with people and seeing some in the field I have confidence that it will be a solid improvement.  Bullfrog takes reliability and quality very seriously and would not accept anything less than the best.  So far, so good.  I definitely have my reservations but I have faith that any issues will be addressed immediately and properly. 

From our rep they switched to Gecko for various reasons.   One was ironically aux btns failing all the time.   ;)

Sam

From our rep they switched to Gecko for various reasons.   One was ironically aux btns failing all the time.   ;)

Haha, I've seen my share of failed aux buttons for sure.  My experience with gecko in the past still has me nervous.  There's a long list of manufacturers who switched from balboa to gecko only to turn around and go back to balboa.  Time will tell and I have faith in Bullfrog but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 No idea if it's still the case or not, but when we had Artesian with Gecko the dumb thing was you could not just change a circuit board, you had to change the whole pack.   Looking at the current gecko in the new A6L I just hooked up, I don't see where it has changed, could be wrong though.     Lets hope for the best!   

d00nut

Generally speaking... Manufacturers switch because of the $$  :P

Good news is... Watkins switch from Balboa to Gecko a couple years ago on Freeflow.  I stock both now.  Good news, reliability has been the same as far as I can tell.  But it was certainly money that made them move from Balboa

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42