What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub with bromine and Nature II mineral sticks  (Read 4349 times)

Giz

Hot tub with bromine and Nature II mineral sticks
« on: April 08, 2019, 12:36:07 am »
I am just now setting up three hot tubs at my vacation rentals and learning about water purification.  One of the dealers I am buying from is selling me the Nature II minerals sticks to use with the spas.  So I have been reading online both on this forum  and places like Amazon where I would buy the product. I am finding conflicting information about this.  Some places say that you can use the Nature II with either chlorine or Bromine and it helps reduce how  much chemical you need to keep the water clean.  Other places say that it does not work with bromine at all.  Other places say you have to use it with Cense MPS and not chemicals at all.   I read part of the owner’s manual on the manufacturer's website for the Nature II sticks,  and it does not mention bromine, or at least I did not see it mentioned.  I was planning to use bromine for my spas, and indeed I am already using bromine for the one spa which I have already received and installed.  I was hoping to use a bromine floater, and a weekly shock but wanted to also use the Nature II at the same time.  Can someone please help me understand this?
thanks
Giz

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub with bromine and Nature II mineral sticks
« on: April 08, 2019, 12:36:07 am »

castletonia

Re: Hot tub with bromine and Nature II mineral sticks
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:17:58 am »
Nature2 is not compatible with bromine, chlorine only.  If you wish to use bromine + mineral sanitation, then you need to use the Spa Frog mineral cartridge.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 08:27:13 am »
I am just now setting up three hot tubs at my vacation rentals and learning about water purification.  One of the dealers I am buying from is selling me the Nature II minerals sticks to use with the spas.  So I have been reading online both on this forum  and places like Amazon where I would buy the product. I am finding conflicting information about this.  Some places say that you can use the Nature II with either chlorine or Bromine and it helps reduce how  much chemical you need to keep the water clean.  Other places say that it does not work with bromine at all.  Other places say you have to use it with Cense MPS and not chemicals at all.   I read part of the owner’s manual on the manufacturer's website for the Nature II sticks,  and it does not mention bromine, or at least I did not see it mentioned.  I was planning to use bromine for my spas, and indeed I am already using bromine for the one spa which I have already received and installed.  I was hoping to use a bromine floater, and a weekly shock but wanted to also use the Nature II at the same time.  Can someone please help me understand this?
thanks
Giz

I would skip it on your rental properties. The floaters are a good idea along with a weekly shock (depending on use) Save your money, skip the mineral stick. Or learn on your own, include the stick the first time then in 3 months when it is time to replace it, don't, and see if there is a difference.

Nature 2 with Chlorine
Spa Frog with Bromine
Retired

Giz

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 01:28:36 pm »
Thanks for the help. I looked at the Spa Frog Mineral cartridge and I am going to use that along with the Bromine floater and a weekly shock.  I appreciate the quick responses guys.
Giz

Giz

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 02:49:43 pm »
One more questions.  The default for the pumps is to run twice a day for an hour each time.  Is that enough for should I increase the run time to maybe 2 hours twice a day?  The spa frog doesn't work unless the pumps are running so just wondering.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 07:11:18 pm »
One more questions.  The default for the pumps is to run twice a day for an hour each time.  Is that enough for should I increase the run time to maybe 2 hours twice a day?  The spa frog doesn't work unless the pumps are running so just wondering.

Yea, use, climate and other factors affect this. I like to start with 4 hours and increase from there if required. Work on timing them for after an evening soak for renters. (Some times rules can help here} Water monitoring is the only way to know whats needed. Big shock more than normal if required. I'd get some dichlor to super chlorinate. Or bleach.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 07:11:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42