What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thoughts on Hot Springs ACE system  (Read 19848 times)

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Re: Thoughts on Hot Springs ACE system
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 07:48:24 pm »
Yes I do sell another brand Arctic Spas.  We do tell customers what our cells cost to replace when buying $79.  I'm not sure how many customers I'm losing to Hot Springs but it's not many but I'm sure some.  If I lose even one customer that's too many.  However I want customers to make an informed decision.  When they have all the facts that customer will be happy with there purchase no matter what spa they buy.  So why not give customers the info?  Probably because the the part over $700.  I understand recurring revenue, but Ouch and that was what a customer quoted after hearing that price of $845.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 07:48:24 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 08:27:58 pm »
  Not sure which salt system you have but that can make a huge difference as well.   If it's the Gecko brand one or Genesis they are not going to be the same as what the ACE system is, nor are the parts going to be either.  Though both essentially achieve the same results.    I could care less about salt systems, it's just another tool to sell a spa, like ClearRay or ozone systems, but if Jacuzzi had it I would sell it, why wouldn't you..     I honestly don't know why Jacuzzi or Sundance have not gotten on board with some kind of salt system.   If some people want it why not give it to them, sure we as a company could go there but were doing fine with what we have in Jacuzzi...           

chem geek

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »
The pricing information is public and well known.  The ACE system sells for $1500 when added separately though can be found discounted to $1300 at American Sale.  When done as an option to an existing spa, the ACE system may be discounted further (as you know, dealer prices are discretionary).  As for the replacement cell, this post at the beginning of the year quoted $845 which is consistent with what you heard.

It's a premium system with premium pricing.  You can think of the system as a combination chlorine generator and ozonator because the boron-doped diamond electrodes do just that -- they generate chlorine from the chloride in salt and they generate hydroxyl radicals from water.  An ozonator generates ozone, but when ozone breaks down it produces hydroxyl radicals.  The idea is to oxidize bather waste before chlorine has a chance to react with it and that minimizes chlorinated disinfection by-products.  The residual of chlorine left in the spa is the bulk-water disinfectant.

It is interesting that the manual for the system makes no mention of using Cyanuric Acid (CYA) aka stabilizer or conditioner.  Without CYA in the water, the recommended chlorine target minimum of 3 ppm (maximum of 5 ppm) will be harsh on swimsuits, skin and hair and will outgas chlorine faster to degrade hot tub covers.  By using 30-40 ppm CYA in the water, this effect can be significantly lessened by a factor of roughly 8 to 30, depending on temperature.  I suppose this isn't that surprising since the chlorine/CYA relationship is something not well understood in the pool/spa industry except that CYA protects chlorine breakdown from sunlight.  CYA's significant moderating effect on the active chlorine level isn't brought up except in a negative way when the CYA level is too high.

Salt_Water_Hot_Tubs

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 12:20:31 pm »
New aftermarket replacement cell now available called the  "Chromium"  -  Direct replacement

Sam

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 05:33:43 pm »
Nice shill post

Ralith

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 10:15:06 pm »
Haha, besides the resurrection, my local HS dealer did say there was after market cells available for significantly less... maybe part of the reason for freshwater salt system? Who knows...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 10:15:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42