What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2019 HS Grandee - Little disappointed jet power  (Read 3653 times)

Ginola

2019 HS Grandee - Little disappointed jet power
« on: March 28, 2019, 04:32:05 pm »
Managed to get a wet test in a HS Grandee 2019 today and was a little disappointed with the jets power overall.. Anyone else had this?  Any suggestions to other manufacturers that would have an obvious increase over the HS Grandee?

Hot Tub Forum

2019 HS Grandee - Little disappointed jet power
« on: March 28, 2019, 04:32:05 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2019 HS Grandee - Little disappointed jet power
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 06:05:11 pm »
Marquis Signature series, Artesian, Dimension one and Master has strong jets. I like the first 3 better but everybody likes something different

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 06:24:25 pm »
Since you have already been dealing with a Hot Spring dealer, check out the Pulse.  Overall, I think it has more power than the Grandee.  Otherwise, as hottubguy said, Marquis Signature.  I would also add Caldera.  Everyone's definition of power is different.  Only way to know for sure is check out your local options. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 06:30:22 pm »
Marquis Signature series, Artesian, Dimension one and Master has strong jets. I like the first 3 better but everybody likes something different

I would add BF, Arctic, Caldera, and a few others to the more power category. This isn't uncommon (why the wet test is important) HS has very efficient jet pumps that are industry leading in their longevity and efficiency. But I also think you give up some power to do this. They over engineer the plumbing also to help compensate for smaller more efficient jet pumps. This is OK for at least half of the purchasers in the world.......they sell a ton because they last and are energy efficient. HS makes models with more power?

Power, D1, Marquis, Sundance, MS, Calspa, Thermospa, others, you give up some energy efficiency and longevity and quiet with most of these. And most should cost a bit less.

Be careful more power can also lead to more cost to operate and more noise and itchy skin, try one out. Marquis HK jets are awesome and they put more power in, good longevity. I'm not plugging any brand. My all time favorite powerful and adjustable all the way to push you out of the seat was the D1 Nautilus. Doubt they are the same now they have moved and changed hands, try some out, make it fun take your time, get someone elses water dirty. Hell if you can find places to soak after hours your soaking. Spending more than 10 grand make them fill them up (sorry to my dealer friends)
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 08:04:59 pm »
It's a common complaint in the Highlife Collection for those looking for something to "beat you up" as far as jets go...it's a main point I make to those customers looking for a stronger jet experience and why I always offer a wet test as a competitor, also jet pressure decreases over time as the filters get dirty so you really have to keep up on the cleanliness of them in a Hot Spring.  I've said for years they need to upgrade their jet pumps and/or reduce resistance within the plumbing system but that would require them to go away from their 50 amp 'split breaker' system and up amperage on their spas to 60 amp (similar to Sundance/Jacuzzi) but I don't see that happening anytime soon, instead most of these companies are installing lower KW rated heaters which in extremely cold climates can lead to heat loss because the heater can't 'keep up'...that said they are still a damn nice spa if your top #1 or #2 priority when buying a spa isn't Very Strong Jet Pressure...just my .02 Good Luck!

Edit: go find a Bullfrog dealer and wet test!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:07:13 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 08:04:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42