What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Updating 20+ yo Jacuzzi ?  (Read 3762 times)

kajtek1

Updating 20+ yo Jacuzzi ?
« on: March 24, 2019, 02:28:29 pm »
Hi I bought  a 22 yo house, what is very nice RE with Jacuzzi mounted on rooftop deck.
It was in sad stage, evidently abounded years ago, but I am hi-tech DIY guy, so I am bringing it to working order.
New cover, replaced broken front panel with bricks-like panel from HD, have pump seal on order and am working on bad relay and ozone system.
But I also build a swimming pool here and learned that technology went long way in last 20 years. I had my pool build with UV generator, but still the minimal chlorinating was annoying, so convert it to salt water. Add solar panels and at the end of March I am getting water above 70F in Las Vegas.
So anyway, looks like my spa ozonator is shoot and will need a new one, or will I?
What are the options for update? How much is salt water system for spa?
Have to add that using rooftop Jacuzzi in Las Vegas has its limits as summer temperatures on the roof are in 140F range.
Meaning I think about draining it for summer and filling up for cold winter days.
"Cold" here is 40F in the morning and 60F in the afternoon.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 02:34:54 pm by kajtek1 »

Hot Tub Forum

Updating 20+ yo Jacuzzi ?
« on: March 24, 2019, 02:28:29 pm »

Sam

Re: Updating 20+ yo Jacuzzi ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 04:08:47 pm »
Ozone options are going to depend on what pack you have.  Can you take a picture?

swilly1000

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 05:26:26 am »
140 degrees on a roof top in the sun? What was the original owner thinking when they put it there?

No wonder it was abandoned! And that the electronics failed!

Get that thing off the roof and in the shade!

kajtek1

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 10:32:09 am »
Now that would take helicopter.
I guess main idea was having good view, when sitting in hot tub.
As I said, that is for winter months, when in summer I have new swimming pool who last September had water at 85F before I install solar panels.
I am still working on fixing heater relay, but electronic seems to work fine. I have 2 control panels and both still work.
The old ozone generator is dead and looks like obsolete part. Meaning I have to buy something new, or maybe forget about putting more money in it and just play with chlorine?
Here is a picture of the set at the time of buying.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:34:19 am by kajtek1 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 10:32:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42