What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera cantabria vs hot springs prism  (Read 9605 times)

d00nut

Re: Caldera cantabria vs hot springs prism
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 11:24:02 pm »
So what exactly is the freshwater salt system? Is it like salt like ocean water

It's the evolution of the ACE Salt System from Hot Spring.  Except it's affordable, cheap actually, and does the same thing!  Yay!  I'm digging it. 

The name is funny... You'd think they would come up with something that isn't an oxymoron, but silliness aside, it works very well, and relatively inexpensive to add on and maintain.  Plus, the cell life is predictable, which was always the knock on ACE

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 11:24:02 pm »

Chadm

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 11:20:55 am »
Just a question wondering why a lot of people say they float in the cantabria tub?

castletonia

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 11:36:55 am »
You are more buoyant in water when laying down vs sitting.  Additionally, every lounger is contoured differently and everybody is different in height, weight, amount of body fat, etc which is why you are going to get a different response from different people regarding loungers.  If you are leaning towards the Cantabria, schedule a wet test.  Its the only way you will know if you float or not. 

I'm shorter, so I tend to float in bigger loungers, especially when I cannot brace myself at all which is why I fit better in the Prism.  The heel rest on the Prism lounger was in the perfect spot for me since I'm too short to actually touch the foot jets.  I also floated in the Geneva, but did not float in the Martinique, Kauai, or the Tahitian.  YMMV.

Chadm

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 12:16:32 pm »
Thank you so much I’m going to schedule a wet test I’m a taller guy so we will see.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 03:08:27 pm »
I think everybody is different. I’m about 5’9 or so and don’t float in most of the Caldera lounges. I have a Geneva and don’t float in that. The other brand of tubs I carry (Marquis) I float in the lounger in the reward but not the other tubs. Kind of a weird thing. My wife does float in almost all lounges so she doesn’t use the lounge In Our tub. Only way to tell is to try it

Ralith

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2019, 12:20:54 am »
Did you purchase one? We're quoted $14,900 for 2019 Prism with freshwater system in southern IN.

AVDweeb

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2019, 11:53:03 am »
Does anyone know how much the three pack of the FreshWater Salt System titanium cartridges run? Apparently that’d give one year of salt coverage in the spa. Are any other chemicals needed through the year?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2019, 11:58:45 am »
Does anyone know how much the three pack of the FreshWater Salt System titanium cartridges run? Apparently that’d give one year of salt coverage in the spa. Are any other chemicals needed through the year?

Roughly $275-$300. Will need some ph down and some liquid chlorine as well. I’ve had mine running for about 4 and a half months now. Original cell still. Water looks and feels great still

AVDweeb

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2019, 03:53:21 pm »
Thanks! I couldn’t find this info anywhere else, so I appreciate it. On average, how many people use your tub at what frequency - and which model do you have?

I’ve historically gone the Silk Balance route which was great, but I was turned off on getting a 2018 Hot Spring because of the ACE replenishment cost. $275-300 is easier to stomach though...

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2019, 04:46:32 pm »
I have a Caldera Geneva. Use it 4-5 times a week.  2 people mostly once or twice a week 4 people. My self, my wife and my 2 kids

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2019, 06:12:53 pm »
Just a question wondering why a lot of people say they float in the cantabria tub?

Opinions from others can be useful and helpful but typically not when it comes to using their feedback of whether you will float. Two people could test a spa and once will say "poor design I floated" and the next person "great design, didn't float at all".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Knettlet

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2019, 07:59:57 pm »
We are also deciding between the cantabria and the prism. Leaning towards the prism. None of the dealers anywhere near us have either one in stock to test out unfortunately. Looking to see if there’s any other thoughts/opinions out there. I like that the Canatabria has a cooling seat, however I prefer the jet placement on the Prism I think, especially on the lounger. I am worried about floating in either one of them if the lounger.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2019, 07:59:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42