What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J235 or Hot Spring Soverign  (Read 6680 times)

Ginola

Jacuzzi J235 or Hot Spring Soverign
« on: March 11, 2019, 10:34:26 am »
We are based in the UK and have a Jacuzzi and Hot Spring dealer local that we have visited.  After listening to what we want the Jaccuzi suggested a J235 (for £7000 all in) and the Hot Spring Prodigy (£8,000) or Sovereign (£9700)..  Any thoughts on the models or prices?

Any UK dealers on here

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J235 or Hot Spring Soverign
« on: March 11, 2019, 10:34:26 am »

d00nut

Re: Jacuzzi J235 or Hot Spring Soverign
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:51:56 am »
Two completely different classes of spas.  The Jacuzzi is like a Kia, and the Hot Spring is like a Lexus.

The Jacuzzi 235 compares with the Hot Spot Relay from Hot Spring.

Wet test!  The 235 might be exactly what you need :)  Just know that you are comparing one manufacturers best, to anothers "entry" level

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 02:04:34 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I hope you will let us know which way you go.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Maine-iac

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 04:37:04 pm »
I agree with DOONut:  That is like comparing a basic car to a high-end car.  HotSprings does all the research and development and the other brands including Jacuzzi just copy the style and throw in a lot of eye catching jets and lights.  They use basic mass produced disposable parts and HotSprings uses proprietary, patented parts and technology.  HotSprings is all about making the hot tub energy efficient while making the jets more effective and therapeutic.  They care about your hot tubbing experience- so that you end up really loving it and telling everyone about it!  They work really hard at making the whole hot tub both enjoyable and easy to take care of (dishwasher safe filters, long lasting heater and jet pumps, covers made of high quality materials, etc.)
Just like with everything: You get what you pay for.  In this case, i would pay extra for a quality product.  That being said the dealership and their service department are also important to research.  Make sure their website has phone numbers to call when you need someone. Read the reviews.  If they are a pool company that does hot tubs as a side gig...are the pool techs really qualified and trained to work on hot tubs? Are they there when you need them to be?  Have they had the same brand of hot tub for a good period of time (ie: Maintained a working relationship with the manufacturer, factory trained techs and reps)? 

swilly1000

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 10:49:17 pm »
How much do you think Hot Springs pours into the spin marketing vs good build?

Wet test bro.  That's the tipping point.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 10:15:23 am »

How much do you think Hot Springs pours into the spin marketing vs good build?

Wet test bro.  That's the tipping point.

Plenty of both.

All of us here recommend that buyers should use wet test as a serious guide when shopping around. I think most everyone would see the value in it but some people just do not want to wet test no matter how much you recommend it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 09:24:52 am »
I agree with DOONut:  That is like comparing a basic car to a high-end car.  HotSprings does all the research and development and the other brands including Jacuzzi just copy the style and throw in a lot of eye catching jets and lights.  They use basic mass produced disposable parts and HotSprings uses proprietary, patented parts and technology.  HotSprings is all about making the hot tub energy efficient while making the jets more effective and therapeutic.  They care about your hot tubbing experience- so that you end up really loving it and telling everyone about it!  They work really hard at making the whole hot tub both enjoyable and easy to take care of (dishwasher safe filters, long lasting heater and jet pumps, covers made of high quality materials, etc.)
Just like with everything: You get what you pay for.  In this case, i would pay extra for a quality product.  That being said the dealership and their service department are also important to research.  Make sure their website has phone numbers to call when you need someone. Read the reviews.  If they are a pool company that does hot tubs as a side gig...are the pool techs really qualified and trained to work on hot tubs? Are they there when you need them to be?  Have they had the same brand of hot tub for a good period of time (ie: Maintained a working relationship with the manufacturer, factory trained techs and reps)?

You fresh out of a HS sales training seminar?   ::)   

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 09:31:25 am »

I was thinking the same lol. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 11:47:48 am »
If they are a pool company that does hot tubs as a side gig...are the pool techs really qualified and trained to work on hot tubs?

I would say a good tech (whether pool or hot tub) would be fine. Most are cross trained like me.
Retired

castletonia

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 02:38:18 pm »

I go to training again in 10 days...... If I start talking like that you will know why  ;D

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 03:12:29 pm »

he's now 'top gun' certified :-)

Ginola

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 01:23:00 pm »
Just to follow up, I have ruled out the J235, and that dealer pretty much completely as was getting messed around a fair bit.  I am now looking at 2018 Envoy, Aria & Sovereigns so will start a new thread.. Thanks 

Ezbdaddy

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 10:20:17 am »
It's PVC pipe, fittings and a motor.  It isn't rocket science. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 02:01:40 pm »
It's PVC pipe, fittings and a motor.  It isn't rocket science.

Until it's not running and -10. Then it's even more important to the owner than rocket science.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 02:01:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42