What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Shopping experience  (Read 3454 times)

Acorn Kernel

Hot Tub Shopping experience
« on: March 04, 2019, 12:05:44 pm »
Just got done shopping hot tubs and wanted to share my experience. This forum was much help but I still feel like the more information that is out there the better for the consumer.

It came down to 3 tubs:

Sundance Chelsee - Price for a 2018 base model was $10,800 but the salesperson said they could probably do $10,400. Size was good as we might have 5 people in it, jets felt good on the wet test but maybe a bit too much. I didn't really like the motor controls but that wouldn't have been a deal breaker.

Hot Springs Flash / Pulse - Price for the 2019 Flash with the Freshwater salt water system, steps, cover and lift was $10,000. Price on the Pulse was $11,200. I was told the salt water system is currently a promotion that makes it free. The new salt water system seems a lot better than the ACE system. The store didn't have a Flash we could wet test but did have a Rhythm, a different store had a Pulse. The Pulse was out of my price range.

Jacuzzi J-345 - Price for a 2019 with added Ozone, and Smart tub features $10,950. They didn't have a J-345 wet to test but had a 400 series that was similar. My wife and I liked the feel of the jets, and I thought controls were better, IMHO, than the Chelsee. This tub is 7x7, same size as the Flash but a bit smaller than the Chelsee.

After looking at the specifications of all the tubs I felt like the Flash wasn't on the same level as the other two. Considering all the other factors (feel, value, cost...) we decided to go with the Jacuzzi. We are expecting the tub on Friday and hope to be using it soon.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Shopping experience
« on: March 04, 2019, 12:05:44 pm »

Sam

Re: Hot Tub Shopping experience
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 01:50:16 pm »
Nice, congrats!  It's a great spa.  Please report back after you've had it awhile.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 07:11:44 pm »
  Nice!  The J-345 was a really good selling spa for us.   

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:25:38 am »

Acorn,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing.  I hope Friday goes well for  you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Acorn Kernel

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 11:58:02 am »
Got the tub delivered on the 8th but didn't get the power ran until 12th. I decided to go with a full 60amp service to allow everything to work at the same time. We have used it everyday since and love it. It took about 6.5 hours to heat the water up from 56° to 99°.

When it comes to the experience so far I am extremely happy with Jacuzzi. Having also tested the Sundance Chelsee, and after having 4 people in the 345, I like the extra 5"x5" the Chelsee had but not enough to give up all the extras we got with the Jacuzzi.

So far maintenance has consisted of using Silk Balance Gems once a week and sprinkling in some Enhanced Spa Shock every night. So far so good.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 11:58:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42