What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saratoga full foam C40 or Hotsprings Flair  (Read 4437 times)

Edo

Saratoga full foam C40 or Hotsprings Flair
« on: March 02, 2019, 11:53:49 pm »
This will be our first hot tub. Both are same price range. Saratoga dealer smaller business  and likely easier to deal with. However sales folks at both places have been great. We are just struggling to choose. Flair is 18’ model so I think they’re giving me a deal (but who knows for sure). Flair is continuous pump C40 is programmable circulation. Flair has longer warranty. Saratoga is north east company and made in north east within a few hour drive of me (north western Massachusetts). We plan on using tub in winter.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Saratoga full foam C40 or Hotsprings Flair
« on: March 02, 2019, 11:53:49 pm »

castletonia

Re: Saratoga full foam C40 or Hotsprings Flair
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 09:20:49 am »
While I think highly of Saratoga as a company, I don’t think this is an apples to apples comparison.  Unless a wet test would lead you to the C40, the longer warranty and circulation pump on the Flair would be a decision maker for me.  Also looks like full foam is not standard on the C40.  Really think that you should be looking at the Canfield as a better comparison to the Flair.

Edo

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 04:53:17 pm »
We are comparing these two because the price we’ve been given for each one is within $500 of each other. So price wise - they’re comparable for us. However they are different and we just can’t decide. The Canfield is significantly more money than what the dealers are offering us for the 18’ Flair or theC40 (two different dealers). One dealer has complaints online about service but they’re a big company so I’m not surprised there’s some complaints - the Saratoga dealer is smaller company and always uses the full foam so that’s included in my cost comparison and there are only positive reviews about Saratoga dealer. Is one a more reliable product ? I just dont want to be sinking anoither 1000$ into it a year or two from now.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 06:45:52 pm »
I haven’t been around Saratoga of present day to know their current reliability.  My expectations would be for the Flair to be more reliable due to Hot Springs reputation.  Plus you get a longer warranty on the Flair.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 08:46:26 pm »
In western Mass you are looking at one of the largest HS dealers in the world. Obviously more people write reviews when they had a bad experience versus a good experience. I’m guessing that they sell 20x the amount of the Saratoga guy out that way. Saratoga makes a decent tub. They do use a weird spa pack and equipment. Not really sure why the got away from both Balboa and Gecko. The warranty on equipment on the limelight from Hot Spring is 5 years versus I believe 2 years on the Special Edition Saratoga Tubs. Hot Spring itself makes more Tubs in a month then Saratoga even has the capacity to make in a year. About a year ago I visited the mAnufacturing facility. I buy a lot of products from there parent company and sell there Inground pools. There manufacturing capabilities are limited due to the size of the operation. Sitting in and feeling the different jet configurations they really didn’t impress me much. The C-40 should be priced a couple thousand dollars less then the Hot Springs. So either the HS is priced extremely low or the Saratoga is priced extremely high. Where are they at price wise?  I think the HS is a much better value is prices are comparable. For what it’s worth I sell neither brand

Edo

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:07:34 am »
Thanks everyone. Put a deposit on the flair today. 8500$ So we are excited. Thanks for your help!

Ralith

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 07:40:08 pm »
My local HS dealer quoted me $10,500+$350 for ace for Flair, so that seems like a good price to me.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 06:06:55 pm »
You got a ridiculously low price. Even for a 2018.  Good job!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 06:06:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42