What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J470  (Read 4769 times)

JoeCappi

Jacuzzi J470
« on: March 06, 2019, 07:09:27 pm »
Hi guys. Not sure if this is allowed. Take down if not. After tons of research i settled on the Jacuzzi J470. It got delivered in June of 2018. So less than a year ago. We absolutely love it. The problem is. I just accepted an offer on my house. I didn’t include the tub in the sale. Where I’m going. I can’t take it for another several months. So I’m looking to sell it. And I’ll buy a new one as soon as the back yard is ready. What is the market like on something like this. I’d be happy to take $10k for it. If anyone on Long Island knows what these tubs sell for. They know this is a steal. Can i list in here? Thanks again.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J470
« on: March 06, 2019, 07:09:27 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J470
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 07:17:25 pm »
Going back through your post looks like you paid 12k for it. So 10k for a tub with no warranty and needs to be transported really isn’t a good deal if you can get the same new for 12k. Why not just store it for a few months until you are ready for it at your new house?  Storage units are t very expensive

JoeCappi

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:28:16 pm »
I paid 12k for it but had to go out of state for it. If you buy locally it’s closer to 16-17k. Their mark up here is nuts. 10k is not bad. If anyone on Long Island paid anywhere near 12k I’d be shocked. Their prices here are cray. Why would it have no warranty? It’s months old with minimal hours on it. If it’s not worth 10k. What’s it worth?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 08:12:07 pm »
I paid 12k for it but had to go out of state for it. If you buy locally it’s closer to 16-17k. Their mark up here is nuts. 10k is not bad. If anyone on Long Island paid anywhere near 12k I’d be shocked. Their prices here are cray. Why would it have no warranty? It’s months old with minimal hours on it. If it’s not worth 10k. What’s it worth?

Warranty only applies to the original owner of the tub. I’m not sure what the going market would be in Long Island. Put it on Facebook marketplace or craigslist and see I guess. I just don’t see anybody paying 10k for that tub but I could be wrong.

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 08:55:11 pm »
I generally consider a hot tub to lose 30-40% value in its first year, so based on that, it would be worth $7,200 - $8,400.  Every market varies.  The warranty only applies to the original owner, that is how this industry is.  You can absolutely ask $10,000, but I doubt you will get it.  I always advise my customers that if they are looking at a used hot tub to make sure it is filled, up to temperature, and everything works, otherwise it is worth nothing.  It will also cost somewhere between $300-$700 (or whatever the going rate is around you) to move the hot tub.

I agree with hottubguy, if you really like the hot tub and would be getting the same one again, put yours in storage.  Otherwise, you are going to take a big hit financially.   

JoeCappi

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 09:45:05 pm »
Meh. I did not know that about that warranty. That’s a little ridiculous. This industry annoys me more and more. And no way I’m taking a hit like that. I rather store it. Called a few places about moving it. One is 600 and the place that sells it for 16k-17k wants 900 to move it. Shocker. I have friends and a flat bed. I think i can handle it. I’m just annoyed that the new house won’t be ready for it until June but i guess not the end of the world.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 10:36:28 pm »
  I would store it, no way you will get what you think out of it.   And a new one is going to cost you more then you originally paid.   Depending on deals.

Store flat if you can, if not pack side down.  Hit it hard with chlorine before draining, then get as much water out as possible.   Don't leave the filters in.. 

JoeCappi

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 09:19:32 pm »
This is exactly what I’m going to do. Thanku for the info. I really only need to store it for like 2 mayyybe 3 months tops. I just didn’t think it would be beneficial to move it twice. But i guess it is.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 12:06:07 pm »
This is exactly what I’m going to do. Thanku for the info. I really only need to store it for like 2 mayyybe 3 months tops. I just didn’t think it would be beneficial to move it twice. But i guess it is.

Good luck with that, hope it goes well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 12:06:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42