What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: California Copperage 271  (Read 3137 times)

friendswoodmatt

California Copperage 271
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:03:15 am »
I am shopping for a hot tub for my Ranch in west texas. Tub will be mostly used for short soaks in the evening after the day is done, as well as being cooled down in the summer to soak cold in the afternoon heat.
I know very little about hot tubs so-- I asked friends and got on this forum and read. We went to a local tore in Houston and looked at some.
I posted on another unrelated fishing forum and asked folks what they had and how they liked it-- One of the guys on the forum spoke up and said-- "hey I have a California Cooperage we cannot use since my wife had hip surgery and I would make you a great deal on it.
Tub is 4 years old, but it has been stored for the past year-- I would sell it to you for 2500, and cover the costs to fix anything broken on it after you set it up."
He said they used it alot when they got it-- but after his wife hurt her hip and the subsequent surgery as well as a move, they just never got it set back up since she did not feel she could b=get into the tub any longer.
We have a couple of dealers 50 miles away but I dont think there is a cal cooperage/american whirlpool dealer nearby. But, IT's a 8000 dollar difference vs what we could by a different (jacuzzi, hot springs)  tub at the store for.
Is 2500 with a fix stuff broken guarantee a decent deal for a 4 year old tub? I know CC is a mid tier brand, but I dont live in a super cold clime, (kerrville, tx) so is the insulation that big of a deal-- (not crazy about chopped up blue jeans and mice though) not sure what to do here-- obviously I will negotiate -- but if this is a decent deal whats a fair price-- or should I just pony up the $ and get a local tub -- 8K is not

Hot Tub Forum

California Copperage 271
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:03:15 am »

d00nut

Re: California Copperage 271
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 11:30:04 am »
Never ever buy a used tub you don't see working.

If it works and heats, holds water... I'd still negotiate.  However, I wouldn't even consider it if I couldn't see it working.

Plus, if there is no local American Whirlpool dealer to help you out... you may truly be on your own to fix it, and as a newbie (even as a veteran...) that would probably be the last thing you want in terms of a relaxing hot tub.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 12:47:40 pm »
Never ever buy a used tub you don't see working.

The only change I would make to the above response would be to change the font to bold  and change the color of the font!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 03:30:03 pm »
I was going to do that... but I was too lazy

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 03:30:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42