What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospas Concord Platinum or Marquis "The Show" or "Epic"  (Read 8340 times)

NBonugli

Re: Thermospas Concord Platinum or Marquis "The Show" or "Epic"
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 04:50:34 pm »
Castletonia,
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I isolated the diverter valves to one seat at a time...it was just underwhelming for me...maybe it's me, lol.
I have back and shoulder issues...I think, I need something more aggressive versus hiring a full time masseuse (no Bob Kraft pun intended)

Nick B
Boston

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 04:50:34 pm »

swilly1000

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 05:31:49 pm »
I remember wet testing an Epic and thinking it was very good pressure.

Unfortunately the dealer said a wet test wasn't available for this particular tub...but I could test another D1 tub on the floor.

No wet test = no sale.  Not a chance I would lay down that kind of money without taking it for a test drive.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 06:13:27 pm »
Nick in the Boston area Full foam should be a prerequisite. I wouldn’t even consider a tub that’s not full foam except maybe Arctic but I don’t need know enough about there insulation system to say one way or the other. I too am also surprised about the Marquis wet test. In my personal opinion Marquis and D-1 both make 2 of the most powerful tubs on the market. You weren’t at me shopping Marquis so I’m guessing you were up on Amesbury. The sales manager up there does a great job with his customers. He is really one of the best in the business. D-1 guy up that way I don’t know much about. The Show is the most powerful tub I have ever sat in. At least you are getting off the idea of the Thermospas. Without wet testing the Marquis you may have bought it and wouldn’t be happy. The thermospa Jet wise and power wise is nowhere near a D-1 or a Marquis. I also think the lack of the reviews on D-1 is more about them not having nearly as many dealers compared to the other brands.

NBonugli

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 08:40:17 pm »
Hottubguy,
I'm assuming you are in Natick?
I went up to Seasonal Speciality Stores in Amherst, Nh. I did stop in a couple of weeks ago up in Amesbury looking for Jay
but he was away at a Caldera or Marquis dealer convention or something. I dealt with their head of service (I forget his name)
and he seemed like a pretty decent guy. Unfortunately they didn't have an Epic or Show to water test or I would have. We talked
some numbers...but I figured till I finished scoping out other brands and then depending on findings circle back around and meet
up with Jay at some point...or another Marquis/Caldera dealer. Amherst, NH had a private room setup, so I shot up there with my
daughter. I wanted to try out  a "show" but they didn't have one...because they said it was not typical stocked tub and a special
order.
Maybe I was doing something wrong when in the Epic..or maybe I'm just not the typical spa buyer...who the hell know...but I I've
been in spas/tubs prior and I messed with every diverter, air valve, etc. on that Epic and sat in every seat multiple times...the only
real jets that did something for me personally...were the whirlpool jets and the power blasting out of those things. I'm not saying that
the normal jets didn't have enough power/pressure in general...(maybe for most they would adequate/just fine) just not enough for
me personally.
The only real feedback that I have on the Thermospas Concord model is from my friend and coworker who has had the same model for 5 years (but with 1 less jet pump and no air blower jets) and he has bad shoulders and bad back
similar to myself and he swears by it. He also had a Thermospas for a long time prior from what he told me that he gave to his neighbor when he decided to upgrade to the Concord Gold five years ago. I haven't personally been in
the TS yet....but I'm thinking that with (3) dedicated jets pumps and therapy/air control...it's got to have more power going to each seat versus two pumps? 3>2

That's also part of the reason the D-1 seemed appealing...Yes it's larger then the TS 80" x 80" (or most of the other tubs I've been looking at within my price range) versus the D1 exec coming in at 110"x 92"
but the D1 is setup with (3) dedicated jet pumps...and has (2) whirlpool jets as well (one on floor and one to the side of the bench seat)

Bottom line is if I'm spending that type of money...I want to make damned sure that sucker has the power to blow socks and wigs
right off. Not that I'll actually be wearing socks or wigs in the tub...but you get my drift.

I'm the type of person that would rather have too much power and not need it/dial it down and use when needed...versus not having enough jet power and regretting it.

Thank you again for the insight...it's much appreciated.

Nick B
Boston
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:07:52 pm by NBonugli »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 09:14:45 pm »
No I am south of Boston. Halfway between the cape and Boston. Jay @ Precision was whom I was referring too. Last week he was in the Dominican as one of the award winners for Marquis Spas. I think at the minimum you need to try the thermospa. Personally thinking if you weren’t impressed with the Epic then I think you will be extremely underwhelmed in the Thermospa. Not sure if Jay stocks the Show or not but another Marquis tub I would consider if in your shoes would be the Reward. If you aren’t impressed with that then maybe Marquis isn’t for you. In Natick you have Hot Spring and Sundance. Again 2 very nice tubs. Keep searching and trying. You will find the tub that is right for you. Plus I know most of us are getting rid of 2018’s pretty discounted st this point so you should be able to get a great deal right now. Did anybody at Seaso al go over operation of the Epic with you?

NBonugli

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 08:52:33 am »
Hottubguy,
Yes the woman Karen (I believe her name was) was extremely detailed on all of the features/operation and gave me a detailed run down before I got into the tub.

PS: Here's a quick perfect question for you since you are on the sales side of things. I know it's probably not common practice...and I'm not sure if it's entirely possible,
but do you think a dealer would be willing to remove the existing pumps from a brand new spa. install higher output pumps (taking back the original pumps as a credit
and upcharging me the cost difference between the orig pumps and the higher output ones)? I bet that it's possible...but I wonder if depending on the upgraded pump,
they would potentially draw more amps or something...or potentially put additional strain on the plumbing components?
Would do you think?

Thank you again....I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here.

Nick B
Boston

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 08:47:45 pm »
I’m sure you could Nick. Not the Show because the amp draw would be too high. I’ve. Ever had that request on a Marquis before. I have done it on the Nordic Spas I carry

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 09:23:44 pm »
Hey guys,
I wet tested a Marquis Epic with the microsilk option last night and in my personal opinion, I wasn't blown away.

Every good spa brand has people test their product and not come away loving it, it happens. This is why we tell people to wet test and not just go with what has a good reputation.

You still have plenty of good brands to chose from, Marquis was just 1 of them but don't let it discourage you. Testing in showrooms is still a much better option that the T-spas option you were originally considering. You may have had the same reaction had you gone with T-spas but at least you found out in the showroom that the Marquis wasn't for you rather than find out when its already in your backyard!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

NBonugli

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 10:28:28 pm »
Spatech,
Agreed!

I'm actually thinking about about going to meet/test a Vita Spa in Beverly, Ma. Or at least go and see it in person. I realized that my neighbor's tub I've been using over
the last few months was a Vita and I thought the pressure in his was pretty good believe it or not. He's got a much older one and I'm not sure if it's 2 or 3 pump
setup...but at least it's another option.

Nick B
Boston

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 10:28:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42