What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer - looking for review/advice  (Read 3344 times)

briggzee1

First time buyer - looking for review/advice
« on: February 02, 2019, 08:50:57 pm »
Hey everyone,

First time buyer. A little back ground. Looking for a 5-6 person tub in the mid to higher range. We looked at a Maax Vita Intrigue ( link below) today. We loved it. Loved the seat placement and jet placement. It's hard to find any reviews on these tubs. Does anyone have any advice or red flags about these?  Thanks

http://www.vitaspa.co.uk/models/300-series/intrigue

Hot Tub Forum

First time buyer - looking for review/advice
« on: February 02, 2019, 08:50:57 pm »

Sam

Re: First time buyer - looking for review/advice
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 05:53:49 pm »
Vita is a middle of the road manufacturer with slightly above average quality.  Their insulation system isn't very good if you live in a cold climate and their frames are cheap flimsy metal that will rust.

They aren't a terrible choice but there are likely much better options available in your area.

briggzee1

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 10:34:14 pm »
I'm actually on the west coast of canada. Super mild here. Barely ever goes below freezing. Rust? The frame on this one is wood.  Thanks for you help

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:35:25 am »
I tend to agree with Sam with middle of the road, but my take on Vita/Maax is their support tends to suck from the factory.  Which means, you need to have a dealer that goes above and beyond the warranty if something were to come up.  I tend to agree, the insulation is pretty lackluster for most climates (if it gets below freezing ever,) it can end up costing you more than it really should, not a crazy amount more, but more for sure.

I actually wouldn't be worried about the frame.  The metal frame should hold up fine in almost every circumstance, and this goes for most frames truth be told, unless you are putting it in a pit where it will be exposed to moisture all the time.  Kind of like not having a patio slope away from the foundation of your home.

Vita's are all metal... just fyi.  They use to be wood, but that was years and years ago!

briggzee1

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 09:55:04 am »
Thanks doonut,

I've talked to the seller by email a couple of times since my last post.  Warranty's are 3 years on pump, plumbing and electronics.  Warranty on the fibreglass is 5 and the acrylic is 3.  Warranty on the frame is 7 years.  This is where my confusion lies. This is 100 % a wood frame on this tub. I've seen it and he confirmed it again by email. I'm in Canada so I don't know if that makes any difference.  The level of customer service I have received prior to purchasing makes me feel comfortable going forward with parts and service. All the parts for this tub are made in North America.  I am not super worried about the insulation as it hardly ever gets below freezing. ( it's currently -2 and snowing lol ) .

Thanks again

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 11:25:05 am »
The level of customer service I have received prior to purchasing makes me feel comfortable going forward with parts and service.

I'm not weighing in on this manufacturer in any way but you always have to wonder if the attention you get pre-sale will be the same after the sale.

Good, mediocre AND poor post sales service dealers/manufacturers will tend to be very attentive pre-sale!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

briggzee1

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 12:27:55 pm »
Agreed. Always have to have the BS meter working. Best I can go by is how I've been treated so far, what i've heard from other people and reviews online.

castletonia

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 01:00:58 pm »
If the spa fits you and the dealer is reputable, I don't really see an issue with Vita.  As others have said, they are a middle of the road manufacturer that lacks insulation and I can agree based on personal experience Maax is difficult to deal with.  I would personally do my due diligence and at least check out what most consider here to be the most reputable manufacturers (Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis, and Sundance, to name a few).  If after all that and the price and your expectations are realistic and dealer is legit, I think they could be fine. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 01:00:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42