What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filters for a J-480  (Read 3542 times)

schmusekater

Filters for a J-480
« on: January 16, 2019, 01:21:41 am »
Hello,

I have been digging around everywhere to find the original specs for the right filters for my J-480, model year 2012. Is there someone knowledgeable out here who can help me out?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Filters for a J-480
« on: January 16, 2019, 01:21:41 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Filters for a J-480
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:15:20 pm »
  Should be one tall filter, then a bag type thing under the lid in the other. Can get you part number if you need, just do not have it now..

schmusekater

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 03:51:28 am »
Part number would be cool

bachman

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 06:10:57 am »
I was curious about the filter bag... I guess it's called a filter polishing bag and thought I'd drop this in ….

http://www.bigislandparts.com/jacuzzi-spa-j-400-series-pro-polish-filter-bag/

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 09:11:20 am »

schmusekater

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 09:37:53 pm »
The Pro Polish are for older Jacuzzi models, I believe until 2009. My hot tub came with the ProClear II filters.

schmusekater

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 09:39:45 pm »
The other filter (20086-001) is too long, and is also only for models year until 2009

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 01:00:03 am »
 Well since your able to find and call me out that all the info I gave you is wrong.   I am guessing you should be able to find the right one's you need. There are like 2 that will or would work.    Pretty sure the one I gave you would work on the skimmer side.  Not exactly what the MNFG called for but it would work..

And FWIW from 2008/09/10 to 2016 or so, the only difference is the type/style of filter they changed.  It changed to a plastic canister with a micron hour glass shape filter "called pro clear II " in it, with a pleated filter above it.  And it also came with a smaller filter under the polishing bag. Which you could use in earlier models, but most people didn't know that.     But since you know all that, you should try this thing called Google a bit more and order what you think is the right filter for your spa.     

And if you actually checked out the link I provided, you will find the other filters available. 

Or you could go ask the local dealer and see what he says.

I am pretty much done here.  Good luck to you!   
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 01:17:10 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

swilly1000

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 05:51:44 am »
Hahaha....that good ol internet.

bachman

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 07:00:02 am »
When I'm a stickler for the exact OEM item or part # , I do usually exhaust google search. In many cases these days and especially so with older model 'stuff' , any number of after market companies can make a replacement or substitute item "that works" and that definition itself can be less than confidence inspiring.
In my case, I have filters and extras so I can source the part by dimensions if needed and if no part # is on the filter base.

I looked up the J 400 series manual a few weeks ago and although I didn't scour it, I didn't see any ref to part #'s and it may be the J-400 series booklet is a bit too generic to be useful.

In a case like this and as Jacuzzi Jim mentions, I'd use a local dealer or get one on the phone and ask about the part for your model and also where they get that ref info from such as an owner manual ? or service manual ?
If it's truly a genuine Jacuzzi part, that would help instill confidence for me too. Once you have that info it should be easy to cross ref or triple check by any other means,,, amazon.com , mail order tub part suppliers etc... all via the home computer, phone or ?? At this point, you'll see others comments, ratings, mentions of price, possibly other ref info like other brands that may work just as well and be cheaper ….

I rarely buy anything without some sort of double checks or verification and I'm usually price shopping anyways so I'm already tied into a few sources. Sometimes you do see a viable option that is well rated and a lesser priced way to go along the way.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 07:16:00 am by bachman »

swilly1000

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 09:16:32 am »
That involves a level of resourcefulness that not all of us possess. ::)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:19:02 am by swilly1000 »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 10:39:12 am »
When I'm a stickler for the exact OEM item or part # , I do usually exhaust google search. In many cases these days and especially so with older model 'stuff' , any number of after market companies can make a replacement or substitute item "that works" and that definition itself can be less than confidence inspiring.
In my case, I have filters and extras so I can source the part by dimensions if needed and if no part # is on the filter base.

I looked up the J 400 series manual a few weeks ago and although I didn't scour it, I didn't see any ref to part #'s and it may be the J-400 series booklet is a bit too generic to be useful.

In a case like this and as Jacuzzi Jim mentions, I'd use a local dealer or get one on the phone and ask about the part for your model and also where they get that ref info from such as an owner manual ? or service manual ?
If it's truly a genuine Jacuzzi part, that would help instill confidence for me too. Once you have that info it should be easy to cross ref or triple check by any other means,,, amazon.com , mail order tub part suppliers etc... all via the home computer, phone or ?? At this point, you'll see others comments, ratings, mentions of price, possibly other ref info like other brands that may work just as well and be cheaper ….

I rarely buy anything without some sort of double checks or verification and I'm usually price shopping anyways so I'm already tied into a few sources. Sometimes you do see a viable option that is well rated and a lesser priced way to go along the way.

Well it honestly couldn't be that hard for him or her.   The link I provided shows the filters and they are Jacuzzi OEM filters.

And for the J-480 there were only a couple of options it could be. 

https://spaandpoolstore.com/jacuzzi-hot-tub-parts/jacuzzi-hot-tubs-filters/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2019, 10:39:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42