What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 2823 times)

Summit

Need some help
« on: January 05, 2019, 10:46:10 pm »
Installed new tub 2wks ago, has ran flawlessly, then today the GFCI randomly tripped, now every time I reset it starts going thru initial, will start circ pump, then to waterfall, as soon as first set of jets fire it trips...any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

Need some help
« on: January 05, 2019, 10:46:10 pm »

d00nut

Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 12:26:03 am »
Ground fault in the jet pump?  What kind of spa is it?  Assuming it's got to be under warranty?

bachman

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 01:03:53 am »
Is the GFCI new?
I'd try to rule that out and it should default to responsible party ie: factory warranty / service rep to resolve assuming everything was done to code.
From what I've read, most 50A recommended circuits are rated per tubs that don't draw much over 40A and when so, that is running the pumps on the higher setting for jet pressure. It doesn't sound like your tub should even approach the higher tier of amp draw that it's designed for as you describe.
Trying to troubleshoot it yourself might not be best as per manufacturer standing behind it for warranty purposes or insurance if something goes haywire.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 01:06:56 am by bachman »

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 06:43:38 am »
When you test the GFCI at the unit by pressing the test button does it trip out as it should? And then be able to be reset?

That’s as far as I would go with a new tub under warranty in a normal purchase situation. Did you do the install yourself?

It sounds like something is shorting and tripping the GFCI off hand with that pump, but I would suggest you get the dealer / manufacture involved and make it their problem.   

Sam

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 02:13:21 pm »
Yep, that's what warranties are for.  Just call your dealer and let them sort it out.

bachman

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 10:22:03 am »
Summit-

Please update as you get this sorted out. Brand, Model.... ? New from dealer, or big box store, Tent sale ?  Who installed ? 

We all learn as we go and there are so many situations or experiences out there to learn from. Hoping you get favorable results and can attest to the type of service or warranty follow up I hope you receive - if needed.

Is your tub still off line ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:25:08 am by bachman »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 04:26:48 pm »
Yea I hope your not in a climate that requires an immediate response from a dealers techs?
Retired

bachman

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 11:34:36 am »
No kidding.
I didn't even think of that but I had to do that dance myself back in October.
Friend offering us a very nice tub and loose timeframe then last minute, heater went out. I had to speedy landscape and patio-build though thankfully, the circ pump kept things undramatic even as night temps threatened lower teens.
I was torn between the excitement of getting a nice tub for free and working my tail off in the cold, snow or freezing rain for most of a week to make up some time.
Don't think it's not worth it though !!   8) 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 11:34:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42