What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where to buy hot tub cover  (Read 3936 times)

damianinpa

Where to buy hot tub cover
« on: January 08, 2019, 05:43:28 pm »
All,
I have a 2008 Jacuzzi J-230.  I noticed the last several weeks the cover is getting really heavy.  It is waterlogged.  So, time for a new cover.  I've done a bunch of research and kinda know the features/size/density to guy.  So, I started researching and see several online companies to choose from all with prices that are pretty similar.  I then looked up reviews and surprisingly, many have negative reviews.  Can someone point me in the right direction about a reputable company that makes a good quality cover.

Hot Tub Forum

Where to buy hot tub cover
« on: January 08, 2019, 05:43:28 pm »

bradleyabell

Re: Where to buy hot tub cover
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:47:38 am »
You should be able to call your local dealer I would think?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:32:32 am »
All,
I have a 2008 Jacuzzi J-230.  I noticed the last several weeks the cover is getting really heavy.  It is waterlogged.  So, time for a new cover.  I've done a bunch of research and kinda know the features/size/density to guy.  So, I started researching and see several online companies to choose from all with prices that are pretty similar.  I then looked up reviews and surprisingly, many have negative reviews.  Can someone point me in the right direction about a reputable company that makes a good quality cover.

Is that the original cover? If so then it was a quality cover for sure. Don't shortchange yourself, the quality of the vinyl and foam density varies. Call your dealer and see what options they have. Spend a little extra for better quality and energy efficiency, you'll get that extra $$ back in a short time.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

damianinpa

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 12:02:51 pm »
Not sure if original.  I bought house a few years ago and hot tub was here.  It appears to be 6x4, but, no idea of foam or density.  I was thinking of going with 5x3, but, definitely get double wrapped to keep from waterlogging.  1.5 density.  There are other options like vapor barrior, heat seal..I was thinking of adding those.  My local guy wants almost $100 more than what I see online price wise.  Just not sure where to buy.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 03:48:02 pm »
All,

10 years is a good amount of time to get out an original cover, you must be taking care of it.
On my first tub, I  used RHTUBS.com for the only replacement cover I have ever bought.  I can say the price was fair, the ordering process was easy, and the delivery was as quoted time wise.  The tub itself only lasted about 2 years, so I can't rave about how long the cover lasted.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

damianinpa

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 01:25:01 pm »
I got my new cover from RHtubs.  One question/concern I have is the underliner is different from my last cover.  I had the mesh kind before and this underliner is hard with 2 weepholes.  When I open the cover, lots of water pours back into the tub.  Is that normal?  The cover was made in Mexico (I thought it was supposed to be US).  I guess time with tell on the quality of the cover.  I do use a piece of foam on top of the water to help with steam/water evaporation.  Hopefully, that add protection.  Anyway, the excess water draining from the weep hole was just different from what I expected.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 05:33:50 pm »
I got my new cover from RHtubs.  One question/concern I have is the underliner is different from my last cover.  I had the mesh kind before and this underliner is hard with 2 weepholes.  When I open the cover, lots of water pours back into the tub.  Is that normal?  The cover was made in Mexico (I thought it was supposed to be US).  I guess time with tell on the quality of the cover.  I do use a piece of foam on top of the water to help with steam/water evaporation.  Hopefully, that add protection.  Anyway, the excess water draining from the weep hole was just different from what I expected.

I wouldn't worry much about the 'weep holes' a lot of the covers have em...at the end of the day you'll get relatively the same life expectancy out of most of the covers that are sold as 'premium' ie 6" x 4" taper, 1.5 or 2lb foam, vapor wrap etc. And Yes a lot of spa manufacturers are building spas/covers/ etc down in Mexico, why? because a manufacturer only has to pay $8 an hour for assembly line/manufacturing labor vs $15-$20 in the US and they also get to bypass US regulations on Fiberglass and other hazardous materials used in building spas/parts/covers/etc

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 05:33:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42