What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Time for a new cover - Any experience with End2End?  (Read 4090 times)

jason26

Time for a new cover - Any experience with End2End?
« on: December 27, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »
So our swim spa isn't maintaining full heat this winter at below 0C temperatures and all signs are pointing to our cover.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the End2End roll cover?  I'm considering that one, or a custom made option from our local Arctic Spa dealer.

Thanks for any input.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 05:56:41 pm by jason26 »

Hot Tub Forum

Time for a new cover - Any experience with End2End?
« on: December 27, 2018, 04:34:49 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Time for a new cover - Any experience with End2End?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 04:55:01 pm »
We display it and I've sold a few, nice cover overall and fairly easy to roll up, much better than the traditional covers especially if we are talking about a 17'+ sized swim-spa where there are multiple pieces to the cover that may need to be removed 'manually'....gotta keep them clean though, that is a lot of exposed vinyl 'hanging above' a body of water so bacteria will build-up so you just need to make sure you are cleaning the underside of it on a regular basis.

FYI: First one I sold was roughly 2 years ago so I can't really speak to the longevity of it really at this point but of those we have in the field I have not taken any complaints or service issues on any of them...I know there is at least 1 other dealer that posts on here on a regular basis that sells them as well (probably at a higher volume then me) so hopefully he chimes in with additional info

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 05:29:32 pm »
I sell them and they work well!

jason26

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 05:58:15 pm »
Thanks. It'll probably be more than double than a normal replacement. But I like the rollup design, I plan to build a platform at one end to roll-up onto...  And second, no gap down the middle.  Now to see if I can use some foam to lock in some heat until I can get one!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 06:30:36 pm »
.gotta keep them clean though, that is a lot of exposed vinyl 'hanging above' a body of water so bacteria will build-up so you just need to make sure you are cleaning the underside of it on a regular basis.

I've advocated for a short time over the water during a super chlorination (10 ppm or above) Put it on get it chlorinated take it off wipe it down or not. This has worked well for a couple customers. This likely takes some life out of the cover but it lasts for 5 years or it lasts for 56 months kinda thing. It will help with killing any bacteria.

What says you's?
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 06:39:57 pm »
.gotta keep them clean though, that is a lot of exposed vinyl 'hanging above' a body of water so bacteria will build-up so you just need to make sure you are cleaning the underside of it on a regular basis.

I've advocated for a short time over the water during a super chlorination (10 ppm or above) Put it on get it chlorinated take it off wipe it down or not. This has worked well for a couple customers. This likely takes some life out of the cover but it lasts for 5 years or it lasts for 56 months kinda thing. It will help with killing any bacteria.

What says you's?

might work, problem is with a 17-19' swim-spa you are obviously dealing with so much more surface area of cover and weight so you can't just 'flip it into the yard upside down' to clean it. also since the cover is semi-flexible and roll/bends easily you end up with tons of 'nooks and crannies' so it's more of a manual hand labor type of job with the cover on the swim spa.....not trying to detract anyone from buying one, just saying make sure you keep up with cleaning the underside otherwise the bacteria will get out of control.  What I do every other week is roll it once, clean, roll again, clean, roll again, clean, etc. etc. since most of the bacteria (just like a standard spa) likes to build-up on the edges of the cover.

Sam

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 12:07:11 pm »
This is the thing with swim spas.  There isn't a perfect solution to the cover problem.  Of everything out there, I think end 2 end is the best option.  I've sold a few and have had excellent luck. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 03:22:50 pm »
This is the thing with swim spas.  There isn't a perfect solution to the cover problem.  Of everything out there, I think end 2 end is the best option.  I've sold a few and have had excellent luck.

ya, nothing really "ideal" on the market...unless you wanna drop 2 years worth of mortgage payments on a Covana sized for a swim spa  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 03:22:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42