What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Let’s Talk Dimension One (D1)  (Read 28352 times)

bachman

Re: Let’s Talk Dimension One (D1)
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 05:51:53 am »
I can link and see the photos.

Anyone else?

Look back at your post in the show us your hot tub section, compare that link to the one you have now, you'll see what's different.

THEN   https://photos.app.goo.gl/8oQSnycqmwxqMM9a7

NOW   https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPcirVWPnraoRabRSOjz6GLp3h6d1cRi5viIqFU

Don't ask me for help though, I have a h3ll UVA time posting pics.   :-\

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2019, 05:51:53 am »

aug0211

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2019, 12:59:27 pm »
Any chance anyone on here has knowledge (preferably photos!) of what the "inside" of a Sarena Bay looks like?

We are trying to look at measurements for the electric to see where the wiring would need to come up out of the concrete pad if it is to be tucked away/hidden.

I cannot remember - does D1 use full foam insulation, or is it somewhat "open" with room to work for the wiring once we get the panel off?

Is the wiring hookup actually on the side of the tub when looking at it from the front, or is the wiring hookup in the front of the tub?

Trying to get an idea of how much "wiggle room" we have in terms of getting the conduit measurements correct so that it can be in the concrete hidden "inside" the tub.

aug0211

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2019, 02:22:12 pm »
I was able to find a pretty helpful schematics diagram at the following URL (tried including a photo, too).
http://www.dpspas.com/service/resources-and-manuals/sarena-bay-specifications

A couple questions - is the space between the "pedestal" (dotted lines) and the electrical inlet "open" space, or is it filled? Can the wiring come up anywhere in that open space and be OK, or does it have to come up literally exactly where the electrical inlet is?

Schematic image:
https://imgur.com/a/nfFgcDj
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:25:05 pm by aug0211 »

Sam

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »
I wouldn't stub up underneath.  There is very little margin for error underneath.

aug0211

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2019, 12:36:47 pm »
I wouldn't stub up underneath.  There is very little margin for error underneath.

Thanks, Sam. Our dealer actually just replied saying it's impossible with the Sarena Bay, and that you *have* to come up form the side? Is that right?

Other update - spa delivery delayed, pushed all the way back to the week of March 25. That's OK - buys us more time for better weather for the concrete pad (and gives us more time to get the electric taken care of).

aug0211

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2021, 07:14:23 pm »
Sorry to bump such an old thread - this question is somewhat specialized to the Sarena Bay and I did not find great other place to post it.

Moving into a new home, and wondering if there is a way to reverse the spa orientation 180º. Our main concern is the cover lifter system - can this be set up so that the spa cover opens opposite direction and still uses the cover lift system (or something similar)? It's ok if it costs a bit of money to make it happen, hopefully not too much.

Not able to look myself because the spa is currently in storage before the new home is ready.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2021, 05:33:32 pm »
Sorry to bump such an old thread - this question is somewhat specialized to the Sarena Bay and I did not find great other place to post it.

Moving into a new home, and wondering if there is a way to reverse the spa orientation 180º. Our main concern is the cover lifter system - can this be set up so that the spa cover opens opposite direction and still uses the cover lift system (or something similar)? It's ok if it costs a bit of money to make it happen, hopefully not too much.

Not able to look myself because the spa is currently in storage before the new home is ready.

I'm semi following you.........you mean open the cover so it tilts the other way, towards your control panel? Most tubs have an entry side. Meaning one side is set up with a step type seat that allows easier access getting in. But that by no means means you can't turn it anyway you want but only one side is comfortable to get in and out.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2021, 05:33:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42