What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clorox Original Bleach (Canada)  (Read 2408 times)

ryguy76

Clorox Original Bleach (Canada)
« on: December 17, 2021, 01:40:42 pm »
I contacted Clorox trying to get an idea of the Sodioum Hypochlorite percentage in the Clorox Original here in Canada.  Their response was vague.  Somewhere between 4-9%.

Thank you for contacting us. I do apologize but the exact percentage is proprietary information but I can tell you that the range of sodium hypochlorite is between 4-9%.

Anyone have a more precise % on this bleach?

https://www.clorox.ca/en/products/clorox-original-concentrated-bleach/original/

Trying to figure out how much I’ll need to dose when I move to Dichlor/Bleach method next fill.  I have a 300G tub.  Guessing 2.5oz should get me into the sweetspot between 3-5ppm FC.

Hot Tub Forum

Clorox Original Bleach (Canada)
« on: December 17, 2021, 01:40:42 pm »

A.O.

Re: Clorox Original Bleach (Canada)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 01:59:13 pm »
All bottles I've seen have it stated on the bottle.

ryguy76

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 02:24:10 pm »
All bottles I've seen have it stated on the bottle.

Maybe it’s not listed because this is the “Original” formula here in Canada?? Who knows, but it’s not there.  Better to go with Liquid Chlorine and know the percentage or fine to just use this bleach and figure out how much is needed to get in range.  Can’t imagine that a couple percent one way or another is going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme if I assume it’s in the middle around 6.5% of their stated range.

I sent you a PM as well.  Cheers.

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 04:24:20 pm »
I go to Wal-Mart and the pool bleach is sometimes cheaper than the laundry bleach and both have the same contents except the pool bleach is a little higher percentage. Like 11% and 8% or something like that. I remember a long time ago trying to figure this out and I came up with 1/3 cup of household bleach = one tablespoon of dichlor. Laundry soap we use the cup is 1/3 cup so I saved a bunch of them for bleach measures.

Be careful not to get bleach with smells added and really don’t use the safety bleach that has thickener in it. It will cause all kinds of foam.

Last year we went to buy laundry bleach and it couldn’t be found in the city. I went to the pool area and they had 100s of gallons. As I was looking at it some guy and his wife come up with two carts and load as much as they could haul away. Telling me better get it now its going fast. So I bought two. 

The best way going IMO is to buy a Saltron mini and stick it on the side of your tub and never buy chlorine again.   

ryguy76

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 05:36:58 pm »
I go to Wal-Mart and the pool bleach is sometimes cheaper than the laundry bleach and both have the same contents except the pool bleach is a little higher percentage. Like 11% and 8% or something like that. I remember a long time ago trying to figure this out and I came up with 1/3 cup of household bleach = one tablespoon of dichlor. Laundry soap we use the cup is 1/3 cup so I saved a bunch of them for bleach measures.

Be careful not to get bleach with smells added and really don’t use the safety bleach that has thickener in it. It will cause all kinds of foam.

Last year we went to buy laundry bleach and it couldn’t be found in the city. I went to the pool area and they had 100s of gallons. As I was looking at it some guy and his wife come up with two carts and load as much as they could haul away. Telling me better get it now its going fast. So I bought two. 

The best way going IMO is to buy a Saltron mini and stick it on the side of your tub and never buy chlorine again.

Funny you should mention it… was just browsing our Canadian Tire website that has a ton of their own line of pool/spa products. The same 3.6L size of their 10.8% sodium hypochlorite  liquid chlorine is $1.20 cheaper than the Clorox Original I was going to use.  Done.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 05:36:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42