Brand Specific Forums > Marquis Hot Tubs

Marquis Spirit Pricing

<< < (2/5) > >>

MarKee:
That’s actually a really, really good price considering it has MicroSilk.  I have a Spirit in my back yard.  I’m a fan of the MicroSilk, but if budget is a concern, you could eliminate that option.

swilly1000:
My personal experience is that the water in my tub is plenty soft and silky enough on its own. Maybe I'm gonna fluking that in my water balance but my skin feels plenty smooth enough as it is.

castletonia:
To the OP, is there a reason you need Microsilk?  In my opinion unless there is a dermatological reason to get the Microsilk, it is not worth getting.  I’ve sat in Microsilk many times and while I did feel my skin to be softer when upon getting out, I didn’t need it.  And as swilly1000 said, as long as you are balancing your water properly, you shouldn’t be getting out with dry skin.

jdd:
Hi everyone, sorry, been extremely busy and just forgot to check back in. Thank you for all the replies. To answer some of the questions:

They won't be running any wiring, I have a preinstalled GFCI circuit from the home being built, but they do include hooking the spa up to the circuit.

On the Microsilk, I've kind of debated about that one. There are some dermatological reasons but I also don't expect this to be a cure. Another reason is my wife isn't a real big fan of the jets so I thought it might be something different to give her an experience she might enjoy more than jets.

Having said all that I had some extra expenses I wasn't expecting (dryer went out and washer on last legs so bought a new set), so spa shopping on hold until tax refund time.

bachman:
The micro silk feature sounds interesting and I've seen just a few reviews, hadn't really researched it. If I recall, some like it, some love it , some think it isn't worth the money and some think it does nothing.
I think you've captured the essence of why one might spring for it to try it out if your spouse isn't excited about the jets / pump action and just more about the soak. As you say, this gives her a feature that sets it apart from just the normal or basic tub.  Ideally the wet test on MS would be a confirmation before pony up money buying a tub just to see if you like it or its worth it but mainly, I hope it's something you are happy with in the long run if you end up going that route. Nobody else can tell you or your wife if you will like it, real ?  imagined ? or placebo impressions ? etc... and if you consider the extra cost involved to get it, you probably are not hurting or skimping on life basics so get what you want or 'deserve' ! If my wife tested it and thought she wanted it, a Dr opinion, facts or research on it being 'hype' would not sway me in the least. If Doc's showed proof it was bad or unhealthy, that would be an obvious exception.  ;D
Enjoy what you get and best of luck and fun tubbing in your near future. Don't leave us hanging though, report back with some impressions or a short write up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version