What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Spirit Pricing  (Read 17279 times)

castletonia

Re: Marquis Spirit Pricing
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 02:29:34 pm »
jdd, $1,200 is a really good price on MicroSilk.  I never sold it for less than $1,500 and that was 2+ years ago.  Can only assume pricing has gone up a bit.  Unless you got money to burn, you really need to convince your wife to wet test or just pass on MicroSilk.  I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on something when I don't know if I really need it.

Swilly1000, curious to hear feedback on Spa Marvel.  I'm not one to offer my customers an expensive product especially when it is not a necessity so I'm curious to hear more about it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 02:29:34 pm »

swilly1000

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 08:23:23 pm »
When I was shopping for my tub in the summer a Marquis dealer quoted me $2,000 for Microsilk, and I ran for the hills.  Thought that was ridiculous.

As to Spa Marvel, I was initially attracted to it because, like a lot of newbies, I was feeling a little lost on using chemicals, and the impression I got was that you added it and didn't have to do anything else except sanitize.  It sounded low maintenance and that appealed to me.  So I bought a year's supply in addition to the three month supply the dealer included in the start-up kit.

Now that I know more about chemicals and have three months' experience, I don't feel as unsure.  I had some cloudy water a while back and resolved that.  I've also had my water tested twice at the dealer and it's been pretty good so far.

If I was being pitched on Spa Marvel today I may not be so inclined to buy it because I know more now and have more experience.

But I do really like the soft water and it may very well be that the Spa Marvel has been a contributing factor in my water balancing so far.  Also, I just finished the the first three month cycle and it's time to add some more Spa Marvel.  In the last couple of weeks, I've sensed a reduction in the water softness, presumably because I'm at the end of the Spa Marvel cycle.

All in all, I really like it. And I still have a year's supply of it. Being still a relative newbie, I too would be interested in hearing what others have to say about it.

jdd

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 01:09:53 am »
Hey all, been a while since I posted this topic. Took a lot longer than I thought to be able to finally pull the trigger on the spa but was finally able to. If there are any dealers out there, curious about a couple of things.

I ordered this June 15th. They warned us it could be up to 20 weeks for delivery. It's now been 21 weeks. I emailed earlier this week and they said "we think it might be on a delivery this week and if it is, we'll let you know." Haven't heard back from them.

Wondering, is it really taking this long to get new spas? I know covid and fires have slowed things down, but 5 months just seems ridiculous. Also, is there really no information they can get from Marquis about when something will be ready and/or ship? They have said that they don't know anything until it shows up on the truck. I find this really hard to believe.

This is a real reputable dealer, I'm not worried about them, but it's just frustrating waiting so long without any real info.

castletonia

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 11:50:09 am »
I'm no longer a Marquis dealer so I can't comment on the communication between manufacturer and dealer.  To answer your question though, yes, it could easily take a lot longer than 5 months right now to get a hot tub.  I've heard that Marquis is February 2022 on new orders placed today.  Back in the summer, I'm sure that lead time was considerably less, but I would still have expected 6 months plus. 

Big thing to keep in mind is that many manufacturers either had to temporarily shutdown due to Covid or at the very least are not operating at 100% because of social distancing protocols.  Combine that with supply chain issues and the result is extended lead times.  I inform my customers of an ETA (expected) time of arrival for their hot tubs and stress that there very likely will be delays and if they are not accepting of that then now is not the time to buy a hot tub.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 01:24:02 pm »
Hey all, been a while since I posted this topic. Took a lot longer than I thought to be able to finally pull the trigger on the spa but was finally able to. If there are any dealers out there, curious about a couple of things.

I ordered this June 15th. They warned us it could be up to 20 weeks for delivery. It's now been 21 weeks. I emailed earlier this week and they said "we think it might be on a delivery this week and if it is, we'll let you know." Haven't heard back from them.

Wondering, is it really taking this long to get new spas? I know covid and fires have slowed things down, but 5 months just seems ridiculous. Also, is there really no information they can get from Marquis about when something will be ready and/or ship? They have said that they don't know anything until it shows up on the truck. I find this really hard to believe.

This is a real reputable dealer, I'm not worried about them, but it's just frustrating waiting so long without any real info.

Yes it’s definetely taking that long if not longer to get tubs. My tubs ordered on 6/2/20 still haven’t arrived and I’m not really expecting them until December at this point. They can call Marquis but dating is tough because they are having shortages on parts.  Marquis is well over a year out on new orders now. It’s just as frustrating for us as dealers. Demand through the roof and not much inventory available to sell.

jdd

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 12:51:39 am »
Thanks castletonia & Hottubguy. Kind of what I figured. Tom Petty had it right, The Waiting is the Hardest Part. That is crazy they are a year out now.

jdd

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 01:37:08 am »
So the same day of my previous post I got a call from the dealer, spa came in! Got it installed Monday. June 15th to November 9th. Almost 5 months. I guess now that is actually a really good turnaround time. Now enjoying soaking in my new Spirit!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 01:37:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42