What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Steel ball bearings ?  (Read 2664 times)

bachman

Steel ball bearings ?
« on: December 07, 2018, 04:55:28 pm »
Hope I'm on the right track here.... Advice or thoughts please;

My son found a bb-size or slightly bigger s/s ball bearing a week or so ago in the bottom of the tub and yesterday, I found three more. Once in a while, I rotate the outer face or flange of the jets to insure they are full open and I'm guessing when doing so, one or more have some cracks or damage as I'm picturing a roller-ball ridge or track behind the face of them.... maybe some are getting away ?

The tub owner mentioned early on- Some jets needed replacement. I didn't think to ask why at the time. I checked all to find a few were rotated shut and assumed he thought they were bad although now, I'm guessing the ball bearings issue is what he meant or some that lost bearings might vibrate closed by themselves.

Still working great and loving that thing more every day but hot tubs are definitely not without mysteries - lol.  Have a great weekend ALL !   ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Steel ball bearings ?
« on: December 07, 2018, 04:55:28 pm »

castletonia

Re: Steel ball bearings ?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 05:48:26 pm »
Yup, they are bearings from a spinner jet.  Opening/closing the jet has no real effect on the bearings.  There is a track of bearings inside the jet which is what allows the jet to rotate or spin.  Eventually the plastic deteriorates and you start losing bearings.  The compromised jets will no longer rotate/spin as well and I suppose eventually the nozzle might pop out.

bachman

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 07:27:46 pm »
Thanks for the info.
I recall now that plastic has a few enemies; Time, UV and hot/cold variations. It's probably wise for me to take inventory of the jets soon and just replace them all. If any or most are orig from a 2004 or 05 tub , they have proven themselves worthy.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:37:36 pm by bachman »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 07:27:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42