What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How to install Footwell Light 2008-Jacuzzi J-230  (Read 4207 times)

damianinpa

How to install Footwell Light 2008-Jacuzzi J-230
« on: November 28, 2018, 02:29:49 pm »
All,
I have a 2008 J-230 that has the boring white footwell light.  No LED or anything, just single light.  I saw online that I can get a cool color changing LED that is 12V compatible and looks like it is direct replacement.  I bought it, but, no instructions.  I pulled out my original manual and shockingly, there is nothing about how to change the bulb.  I took the cabinet off, and see a wire running to the controller, but, looks to hard to get to in regards to where the footwell is.  I though if you had to replace bulb from inside the cabinet, there would just be an access panel to the light iself, but, i was wrong.  Anyway, anyone know how to change this bulb?  Is it possible you change from inside the tub itself?  I can't find any videos online or documentation about this at all which is puzzling.     
p.s..when I opened the cabinet I saw a mouse.  he looked warm and happy.  LOL Glad he hasn't eaten any wires.  Not sure how to get rid of them, but, lots of mouse droppings.   

Hot Tub Forum

How to install Footwell Light 2008-Jacuzzi J-230
« on: November 28, 2018, 02:29:49 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: How to install Footwell Light 2008-Jacuzzi J-230
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 08:21:58 pm »
probably have to pull the entire base off...lol no I'm not kidding, I know you have too on the 400 Series from that time-frame, $500 job to replace a $5 light bulb

damianinpa

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 09:14:09 pm »
What does that mean "Entire Base"?  I can remove the screws and take off the panel to expose the underneath of the tub (Where I see the controller, heat pump, ect).  You mean something more?  If so, that is insane!  I emailed jacuzzi customer service and am waiting to hear back. 

damianinpa

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 10:26:52 pm »
I'm going to open i tup again tomorrow.  Maybe what I saw was just the foam insulation in the way.  The wire looked somewhat hidden with this yellow stuff around it.  I see that might be foam insulation after doing some research. I'll try to poke through it.  Maybe grab a picture too.

damianinpa

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 01:14:23 pm »
I took 2 pics today.  Looks like I can't get to it.  There is a tiny hole with a wire and I think that goes to the light.  This is really stupid.  I wonder if I can drain the tub and change from the inside.

Link to the 2 pics:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkpD7s7HNtxB31Yw1SzN8up5sbRp

Damian

damianinpa

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 10:17:55 pm »
I'm happy to report I was able to install the light.  I had to get down on hands and knees and reach in where the wire was.  The white plastic housing was accessible once I was at ground level to follow it.  It was tucked back pretty far, but, it popped off and it was easy to put the color changing 12v LED bulb in.  Took a bit to get the cap back on and turn it.  Overall, the light was worth it.  Love the color choices rather than boring white light. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 10:17:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42