What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ADVICE NEEDED Soap in hot tub!  (Read 2849 times)

RyanC7

ADVICE NEEDED Soap in hot tub!
« on: November 17, 2018, 01:11:17 am »
Good Day all I recently did a tub drain and refill but used a little dishsoap to wash some parts of the tub. Thinking I rinsed everything well I refilled the tub and now it is foaming,,

Is there a way to stop this without draining and cleaning again?

Will the soap eventually work its way out?

The temp in canada is dropping fast and I am worried about refilling it.

Hot Tub Forum

ADVICE NEEDED Soap in hot tub!
« on: November 17, 2018, 01:11:17 am »

bud16415

Re: ADVICE NEEDED Soap in hot tub!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 08:53:44 am »
They sell defoaming products. Go to your supplier and get some follow directions on bottle.

In the future fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and use that for cleaning parts or just very hot water.

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 09:40:51 am »
They sell defoaming products. Go to your supplier and get some follow directions on bottle.

In the future fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and use that for cleaning parts or just very hot water.

I have found that the defoaming products only work temporarily.

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 07:18:27 am »

Sometimes that is true and I have seen them leave a little bit of film on the water also. I have only needed to use them a couple times. Once they did like you mentioned and I had a lot of foam.

I had good luck that time by running the tub and using the leaf blower to blow the foam off the top. After doing that for about a half hour it was 99% gone and then adding the defoamer finished the job.

IMO it is really important to keep soap out of the tub.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 01:10:04 pm »

[/quote]

That may be true if the reason the tub foams continues.  Being that our tub only sees 5 or 6 swim suites all year (and those never see laundry detergent) I've found the defoaming products work good when used.   You have to make sure the root cause goes away.  In the rare times I have a foaming problem, I use the de-foamer in a spray bottle sprayed directly on the foam, and then will rinse the filter out the next weekend. On occasion I may have to do this twice.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 01:10:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42