What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Received chemicals partially frozen in mail  (Read 1974 times)

pclark

Received chemicals partially frozen in mail
« on: November 07, 2018, 09:14:02 pm »
I received some spa chemicals delivered by UPS partially frozen because winter is setting in now and packages sit in trucks overnight.  Just wondering if this changes the effectiveness of products once thawed out.  For example.....clarifiers, stain control, calcium boosters, phosphate removers, etc.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Received chemicals partially frozen in mail
« on: November 07, 2018, 09:14:02 pm »

bud16415

Re: Received chemicals partially frozen in mail
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 10:28:59 pm »
I don’t think it will hurt them.

Sam

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:34:41 am »
I can't provide any evidence or explanation but I've been told numerous times over the years that some chemicals should not be allowed to freeze.  Don't know what chems or why, so take that for what it's worth.

bachman

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 02:32:43 am »
I don't consider myself exceptionally cheap  ;D  but inquiry to the source or manufacturer to ask what they say about any effect might net you something free. Or they might just blame UPS.
At the very least, I'd think they will let you know if the product is still 100 percent effective though.

They also might change their packaging to warn of products that should not freeze if that's the case.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:26:01 am »
 I've never had this happen before with spa chemicals, but in other applications I've seen where freezing and thawing will cause separation, I would stir, or shake and try it out.   A clarifier is the only  liquid chemical I use with any regularity and its not been cold enough to freeze on me yet, though I do live in Ohio.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:26:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42