What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog X7 vs R7 for Vacation Rental  (Read 4852 times)

picmama639

Bullfrog X7 vs R7 for Vacation Rental
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:39:58 pm »
We want to buy a Bullfrog spa for our vacation rentals that we will use ourselves a few weeks a year and rent out the rest of the time. We are trying to decide between the X7 and R7.
X7 Pros:
Less features that require maintenance
No jetpacks to get stolen or damaged (spa will be on the back patio with a shared yard)
R7 Pros:
Can get jetpacks we like
Has cloud control

We wet tested an A8 but they don't have any X's to wet test. We liked some of the jetpacks and but thought others weren't powerful enough. Our two main questions are how the jets on the X series compares to the jets on the R series. Is the X series as powerful? We want the strongest possible jets. On the spa we wet tested we liked the jets with the Powerful DeepRelief Jets (red) and are wondering how the X series compares.

The second biggest question is the cloud control. It seems like it could be really good for a vacation rental but it's not available on the X series. The app store doesn't have good reviews on it so we're wondering if it's even worth getting it. It is maintained by a pool/spa guy every time between guests.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 09:59:45 am by picmama639 »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog X7 vs R7 for Vacation Rental
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:39:58 pm »

d00nut

Re: Bullfrog X7 vs R7 for Vacation Rental
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 12:37:53 pm »
For vacation rentals, I wouldn't suggest those premium and luxury level hot tubs.

The Jet Paks are not going to be cared by any of your renters.  They just want something that looks good, feels good, and has good water.

X Series with the lighting package (back-lit jets) would certainly do the trick.

The Cloud control IMO disconnects to frequently to really warrant any value.

Make no mistake, the X Series is a great hot tub, and if you think the jetpaks are worth the extra $$ for you to use a few weeks a year, I'm sure you'll love it.  However, from a rental perspective, I would get a quality hot tub that is simpler rather than more complicated.

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 07:29:41 am »
For vacation rentals, I wouldn't suggest those premium and luxury level hot tubs.

The Jet Paks are not going to be cared by any of your renters.  They just want something that looks good, feels good, and has good water.

X Series with the lighting package (back-lit jets) would certainly do the trick.

The Cloud control IMO disconnects to frequently to really warrant any value.

Make no mistake, the X Series is a great hot tub, and if you think the jetpaks are worth the extra $$ for you to use a few weeks a year, I'm sure you'll love it.  However, from a rental perspective, I would get a quality hot tub that is simpler rather than more complicated.

Totally agree...The wifi isn't worth it.  We bought an X8L and love it...Wet tested all bullfrog types and also found the jetpacks unimpressive.  Once we got in the X8L we knew that was the tub for us...Great pressure and like you said, less messing around with jetpacks etc.  Good luck !

Sam

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 03:50:47 pm »
The X series is not as powerful as the R and A series.  Additionally, I wouldn't worry at all about renters stealing or doing anything with jetpaks.  We've got plenty of customers who bought the spa and still aren't sure how to move them.  It's super easy but it's not obvious to the average person, especially one who doesn't even know what they are.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 03:50:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42