What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Grandee  (Read 12941 times)

Johnrb3

« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 12:49:26 pm by Johnrb3 »

Hot Tub Forum

New Grandee
« on: June 07, 2019, 12:23:36 am »

billymac

Re: New Grandee
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 08:36:05 am »
Nice!

We have similar tastes. We just ordered a Grandee a little over a week ago. Site prep is underway with forming and pour scheduled for next week. We are also doing stamped concrete and our pattern and colors is similar to yours. Can't wait!

Couple questions for you. Any issues or things to watch out for on the stamped concrete process? I've heard it's pretty messy when they throw the colors. We're doing a fairly large pour, somewhere close to 1100sqft.

Also, it looks like you bought the Highwood 48in steps. We have the same one's on order in black. How are you liking them? Was disappointed that Hot Spring doesn't make a matching step for our cabinet color (Shale), but I'm hopeful those Highwood steps are worthy and like the looks.

Thanks for sharing and hope you're enjoying your new tub!

billymac

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 10:31:56 am »
Hmmm, it looks like maybe those are NOT the Highwood steps. May I ask what they are and where you got them? Wondering if there are other colors.

Johnrb3

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 07:10:07 pm »
Hey billymac,
Sorry, I can’t answer your question about the stamped concrete.  Ours is actually marble pavers in a French layout...I think they called the pattern.  Wish I could help out on the stamped concrete.  Several of my neighbors have it and it looks great.  We had a small area so we went with the real stuff. If it had been more we wouldn’t have.  It already has some staining so concrete may have been a wiser choice.
In regards to the steps, it’s a local company out of Dallas that my hot tub supplier uses instead of the Hot Spring branded steps.  I’m sure they are cheaper for the company than the “real” ones by Hot Spring, but they are really sturdy.  I just really wanted the matching everwood steps.  Let me know if you still want the info on them and I can try to find out more info??  Just keep in mind they are real wood and likely will need paint upkeep over time.  Good luck with everything!

swilly1000

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 07:03:30 am »
That's a nice setup.  The wider steps framed in by the planters and the extra "pavers" are a nice touch.

Johnrb3

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 10:17:04 pm »
Thanks swilly1000!  Appreciate it.

billymac

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 03:11:26 pm »
Thanks John,

We just got our Highwood 48in steps delivered yesterday. Put them together and I think they're going to work great. Fit and finish seems good and the color looks to be solid all the way through the product, but we'll see how they hold up in the heat of summer.

I too and am hoping that Watkins/Hot Spring comes out with matching Everwood steps for the newer cabinet colors. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Stamped concrete was poured yesterday (so cool to watch) and our tub is scheduled for delivery in a few weeks. We're starting to get pretty excited! Really looking forward to installing new outdoor audio and lighting as well, but have to wait for the concrete relief cuts and sealer to get taken care of next week. Starting to come together!

Looking forward to hearing more about your experience with that tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 03:11:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42