What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 365 Pump Drain Plug  (Read 3197 times)

coldnh

Jacuzzi 365 Pump Drain Plug
« on: October 22, 2018, 09:16:32 am »
I was able to access the drain plug for the right pump just fine, No water came out after pulling it, Tried to access the left pump and after I pulled off the corner cabinet panel off it is nearly impossible to access the pump drain plug. 

What are the chances this pump has water in it? The tub was drained a few months ago and moved recently, However the previous owners said it was never "officially winterized" It is supposed to get down into the mid 20's Friday night.

I  have the electrician coming to wire it Friday and I plan to fill it up and start it on Saturday. Just bad timing really. Should I pop a light bulb in there to ease my concern?

Oh and a picture of my 850$ Jacuzzi install

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ZmXuKTG6fWqz6adA

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 365 Pump Drain Plug
« on: October 22, 2018, 09:16:32 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi 365 Pump Drain Plug
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:37:57 am »
  Light bulb or some RV anti freeze or just crack the union.   Probably not much if any water still in there though.

coldnh

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:44:18 am »
Thanks, what do you mean crack the union? The big 2" PVC connection above? I opened that up yesterday to try to move it out of the way. But i couldn't move it far without the risk of breaking something. That was bone dry as well.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 05:03:30 pm »
  Crack the union just means loosen it up to let water out, usually the straight out one not the top, as water would be sitting in the pump housing.  Honestly I think you would be fine by what you are describing. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 05:03:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42