What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Repair guy left us in a lurch - 2016 Hot Spring Vanguard Software  (Read 3034 times)

darlingbastard

My neighbor's Spa repairman kind of abandoned us after installing a new motherboard without software. We have a 2016 Hot Spring Vanguard with a now-brand-new control board but can't do anything without uploading the firmware on a USB stick. I have been searching everywhere but it seems this software is only available for certified hot spring dealers and our dealer is so far away it can take up to a month to get anyone out here. At this point I'm genuinely stuck and looking for some advice.

Hot Tub Forum

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Repair guy left us in a lurch - 2016 Hot Spring Vanguard Software
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:17:50 pm »
Have you asked your dealer to email it to you?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

darlingbastard

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 01:45:08 pm »
Really trying to avoid the dealer. After 3-4 repairs in less than 2 years, and six months trying and failing to get the ACE salt system working I finally walked out of there and swore never to go back. Interacting with them has been so frustrating I have no interest anymore of even trying to exercise my warranty and would rather pay full market price.

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 01:51:02 pm »
PM me your email and S/N.  I can email you the software.

Buy a good USB stick and make sure your format the USB stick before installing the software.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 02:18:14 pm »
Really trying to avoid the dealer. After 3-4 repairs in less than 2 years, and six months trying and failing to get the ACE salt system working I finally walked out of there and swore never to go back. Interacting with them has been so frustrating I have no interest anymore of even trying to exercise my warranty and would rather pay full market price.

bypass the dealer and call Watkins (manufacturer of Hot Springs) direct if you have a failed cell and/or multiple failed cells, they might help out in some way or another, express frustration that you paid for a premium product and you have no seen that from the salt system thus far and would like to know what they are going to do to assist?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 02:18:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42