What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: GFI Tripping  (Read 15945 times)

bachman

Re: GFI Tripping
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 10:07:18 am »
Standing behind their product that way is pretty outstanding.
Best of luck on that situation.   8)

To stand the test of time or reveal a positive outcome, how long do you feel it will take … ie; Was the breaker issue happening every few days or weekly ? 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 10:07:18 am »

gmdodt

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2018, 11:04:17 am »
i think it really depends on how often the tub runs.  Right now, as it is colder, it is turning on to heat much more frequently so its tripping more frequently...2, 3, 4 days.  Actually tripped 2 times in 24 hrs at one point, which is rare.  During the summer it could go 2-3 weeks without tripping.  It won't have to perform probably 2-3 months for me to feel real confident.  Which also makes follow up with caldera difficult because they will think the issue is resolved if I dont call them back soon after getting the board.

gmdodt

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2018, 04:09:10 pm »
Well, amazingly they overnight aired it so the board came today. Newer board, much easier connectors. Took about an hour but got it in. Fired right up. Now the waiting game to see if it is actually fixed!

bachman

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2018, 06:32:24 pm »
Summer weeks without tripping sure seems evidentiary versus colder temps.

I'd imagine the cover off part time creating more load might get you a faster test but I'd likely leave things well enough alone letting it prove itself under the conditions presented. That can be easily explained to the vendor and the new board should indeed rule something In or Out. Wishing you the best in results.

I operate on a 100 amp household presently and just try being smart about what's running "at the moment" since adding the new 50 amp tie in. Pretty sure I want to avoid the oven and the dryer running with the tub on turbo mode. Our pre-owned tub had the heater tripping at the last household (orig owner)  so I was on pins and needles hoping/assuming the new heater I bought and put in would be answer and of course, the big test. One month in as of now.  :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:40:54 pm by bachman »

gmdodt

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2018, 10:27:20 am »
Yea in just letting the tub operate as normal. The tub never trips once it's running, it's the act of trying to get it running is when it was tripping.

Luckily our house was built new in 2012 and has like 200amp service (have to go look at exact number)

gmdodt

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2018, 04:07:14 pm »
1 week and 2 days since replacing board. Tub has not tripped. Need much bigger sample time but so far so good

bud16415

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2018, 05:53:40 pm »
1 week and 2 days since replacing board. Tub has not tripped. Need much bigger sample time but so far so good

I think you got it this time. I'm knocking on wood so you don't have to. You ran the problem back to only two possible causes, The wires or the board. It is pretty hard for a wire problem in the first place let alone an intermittent problem and that is mostly in stuff that jumps around like cars.

It was really good of Caldera to honor the warranty for you. Makes me feel good about my tub also.

Good luck keeping fingers crossed for you and now you are the megger expert in the neighborhood.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2018, 05:53:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42