What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Aromatherapy ???? Does it work??  (Read 11546 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Sundance Aromatherapy ???? Does it work??
« on: July 27, 2005, 05:43:11 pm »
Does anyone have anything to say about the Sundance Aromatherapy thing.  Check out this link: http://sundancespas.com/Therapy/Aromatherapy.html
I have a Sundance Maxxus, I added this aromatherapy (Green Apple) thing to our air blower deal and guess what?   Not a thing!  Is my nose broke our are there others who think this is a load of you know what.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 05:54:54 pm by Campsalot »

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Aromatherapy ???? Does it work??
« on: July 27, 2005, 05:43:11 pm »

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
Re: Sundance Aromatherapy ???? Does it work??
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 07:33:03 pm »
We have been using it in our Optima,  IMHO it barely works. The aroma seems to hang right at the top of the water line, so you need to sink down low to get the full effect.

We always joke that they engineered it to help one cover up an unexpected...uh you know, (ever see the scene from the Ren and Stimpy cartoon where Ren's in the bathtub, making his own bubbles?);D

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 07:33:42 pm »
A good friend of mine has a cameo.  He states using the air blower aroma therapy he smells something for about 5 minutes and then it goes away.

Some scents are easier to detect than others. Any chance your tub is in the middle of a green apple orchard?

There are plenty of other products that you just pour into the tub which last a little longer if the air blower isn't doing it for ya.

-Ed

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 09:20:59 pm »
I don't think it's just Sundance, it seems that the aromatherapy feature doesn't work well in any brand. I've read a lot of people asking that question - it may also be the type of beads you use.

My tub doesn't have a blower system but one of the tubs I was interested came with one and thought it was a great idea, until I read differently.

BTW, for what it's worth, a friend of mine used the "add to water" fragrance and it screwed up his water as per him.

tstiffler

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 11:14:30 pm »
I agree, the aromatherapy is a nice selling point,  but just doesn't seem to work.  We've tried a couple of different scents in our Optima and haven't smelled a thing.  I think I'll put the rest in my car.  is this a new feature with Sundance?

tootall

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 01:04:01 am »
When I wet tested the optima the sales man put in some beads to me no smell he said it from the great filtration of sundance. ok? I liked the optima alot but the aromatherapy is way over rated. still a great spa.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 07:39:15 am »
I'm not overly impressed with the aroma beads on our Optima, either.  Some friends bought a Sweetwater this past spring (No aroma chamber) and just put a little bit of scent in the water.  Now that we could detect, and it lasted pretty much thru the entire time we were in the spa.  Can't remember the name of the product, I think it was Spazazz Crystals, or something.
Brewman
Brewman

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 10:12:28 pm »
OK, so this goes under the "deaq horse" column.  The aromatheraphy that stems fromk the blower on Sundance models does not work well.  I would like to hear more about the kind of aromas you can add to the water.  Will it screw up the chemistry.  This is a good discussion!

tootall

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 01:22:40 am »
my marquis dealer sells the spazzzaz and he says that it does not affect the filters. he added some crystals in to the water and it smelled like a pina colada.

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 01:34:53 am »
We also use the spazazz stuf, either in the bottle or in single-use packs.  It has had no negative effect on water chemistry. We use MPS and chlorine.

Our dealer states that they only sell the aromatherapy oils that are "compatible" with our chems.  Presumably, this means that others are not and were we to buy something else somewhere else, without research, it could negatively effect the chemistry.

-Ed

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 08:19:10 am »
Hopefully, anything made specifically for spa use would be ok to put in the water.  I'd expect that the spa dealers I patronize would have checked into that as well.
Brewman
Brewman

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 08:41:26 am »
I guess the one advantage the Sundance system has over the water based stuff is one can turn the smell on/off (unless you use the blower all the time)

And I rather it be barley noticeable than overwhelming.

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 08:53:38 am »
The aromatherapy system does work. Each individual cartridge only lasts approximately an hour of blower time. Therefore, if you have the blower on for 15 minutes at a time, that's 4 uses.

Because this sort of aromatherapy system does not interfere with the chemistry of the spa it is a fantastic system. Also, by adding liquids or crystals to the water, the water smells, so you also smell like the scent, My girlfriend might like that but I don't wanna smell like jasmine. I've only had one customer who didn't like it and used a liquid for therapy. When they brought in their water sample the following day, it was destroyed. I mean the water was real bad :-[.

If the spa is outside, and if there is a slight breeze, the aromatherapy is 'gone with the wind'. My SD is inside in a sunroom. I barely use it but when I do I can clearly get whatever scent I put in. I especially like vanilla.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 09:24:11 am »
I've only had one customer who didn't like it and used a liquid for therapy. When they brought in their water sample the following day, it was destroyed. I mean the water was real bad :-

The rooster crows before the sun comes up too. Does that mean the sun comes up because the rooster crows?

I have sold thousands of bottles of liquid and crystal aromas. There are two negatives to these products:
1)They, like anything you add to the water, raise the TDS
2) If the water is not balanced it may cause foaming
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 11:49:08 am by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 11:12:24 am »
We carry the Being scents and used to carry Spazazz.  I like the way they smell when used in moderation.  Unfortunately, most people put way too much in and it can become overwhelming.  It also tends to cloud up the water and gunks up the filters.

Use sparingly and your soaking experience will be much more pleasurable.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 11:12:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42