What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie here starting our hot Tub Search (LA-Z-BOY Spa) ?  (Read 5124 times)

Andocrx

Newbie here starting our hot Tub Search (LA-Z-BOY Spa) ?
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:54:49 pm »
Hello everyone ,
So happy to have found this site as my wife and I are starting our Hot tub search, we like to do our research before making a big purchase like this.   

We are planning to go to see about 5 manufactures and wet test each of them, here are the brands that interest us please give us your feedback on your experience good or bad and weather you would recommend them.

Sundance , Hot springs,  Beachcomber,  Bull Frog and La-Z-boy by Hydropool.

We will be looking for a 6-7 person tub no lounger , things that are very important and I am sure is the same for most is we want a good working tub giving good pressure from the all gets. A tub  that will last for years and be reliable.   

Has anyone bought or have any experience with the reliability of Lay-z-boy spas by Hydropool? 

Can anyone give some advice for when shopping,  specific questions we should ask to the sales person. 

Question is there a best time to shop for a hot tub, fall or spring or it all depends on the promos the manufactures are offering I hear theres always different promos going on.   

Thanks all for your help in advance. 

Take care and hope to hear from you all soon.   

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie here starting our hot Tub Search (LA-Z-BOY Spa) ?
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:54:49 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Newbie here starting our hot Tub Search (LA-Z-BOY Spa) ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 02:25:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Let us know which way you go.  I'm a Sundance owner myself, I've known plenty of happy SD, HS, and BF owners over the years. I've only seen on Lazy Boy over the years and its been long enough that I don't remember why I didn't like it.   Try them all, check the dealer's reputation and go with what you like.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

kies1

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 07:51:33 pm »
2months in and loving our hotsprings flash. Good luck. I liked the idea of the fibre core insulation on the hotsprings limelight series tub. Good varied seating heights as well. They also sell an insulation kit for the equipment area for colder climates which I have coming as well and will install myself.

swilly1000

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 07:46:34 am »
Lazyboy was the first tub I looked at seriously. Once I started looking at things the big point that stuck out with Lazyboy was the (lack) insulation. Not sure where you are geographically but I am up in Canada and insulation is important. The hydro wise bubble wrap tin foil just did not seem to be enough.

Hydropool was the first make I looked at as well. When I asked the dealer about the lack of insulation and asked him to comment on full foam the answer I got was that the foam insulation systems weren't any good because they hardened up and lost their R value after a year or so......which was true about the older foam technology but not the newer iceyene (sp?) foam systems.

The newer foam systems have been around for years and after testing his answer with more research my theory about this market being a minefield was further confirmed.  Anyone halfway knowledgeable about hot tub insulation shoulda coulda woulda known that. 

I initially liked the guy when I first met him but I later concluded that he probably straight-up lied to me. I told him I was testing another couple of makes and to get back to me when he was able to set up a wet test but I didn't hear back. 

The cynic in me figured that he knew I was on to Hydropool's crappy insulation and that he had lost me as a customer so not worth the follow-up.

Hot tub market.....TOTALLY buyer beware.  And unscrupulous.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:45:00 pm by swilly1000 »

Andocrx

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 08:48:21 pm »
Lazyboy was the first tub I looked at seriously. Once I started looking at things the big point that stuck out with Lazyboy was the (lack) insulation. Not sure where you are geographically but I am up in Canada and insulation is important. The hydro wise bubble wrap tin foil just did not seem to be enough.

Hydropool was the first make I looked at as well. When I asked the dealer about the lack of insulation and asked him to comment on full foam the answer I got was that the foam insulation systems weren't any good because they hardened up and lost their R value after a year or so......which was true about the older foam technology but not the newer iceyene (sp?) foam systems.

The newer foam systems have been around for years and after testing his answer with more research my theory about this market being a minefield was further confirmed.  Anyone halfway knowledgeable about hot tub insulation shoulda coulda woulda known that. 

I initially liked the guy when I first met him but I later concluded that he probably straight-up lied to me. I told him I was testing another couple of makes and to get back to me when he was able to set up a set test but I didn't hear back. 

The cynic in figured that he knew I was on to Hydropool's crappy insulation and that he had lost me as a customer so not worth the follow-up.

Hot tub market.....TOTALLY buyer beware.  And unscrupulous.
Hi Swilly
Thanks for your reply what kind of tub did you end up going with ?

swilly1000

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 11:47:05 pm »
Master Twilght Series 8.25.

Love it so far.

Andocrx

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 08:48:02 pm »
Master Twilght Series 8.25.

Love it so far.

Hi Swilly,

How much did the master Twlight run you and how many person tub did you get. Were you able to make a deal for tub and cover lifter etc ....

thanks

swilly1000

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 09:29:03 pm »
I got the TS8.25 for $12,995+tax. 

Rather than work the price I asked for and got the WI-FI module, cover lifter and ABS pan thrown in.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:36:17 pm by swilly1000 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 09:29:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42