What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie looking for 1st hot tub AAAAAHHHH  (Read 2438 times)

tenniner

Newbie looking for 1st hot tub AAAAAHHHH
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:43:22 am »
We have looked at Jacuzzi and Bullfrog. It looks like there is also an Artesian dealer here locally. In Utah where Bullfrog is made (I like their spa). Looking at the higher end models. I would like something that holds 6 or more people with a lounger. The Jacuzzi sales guy was really pushy and negative about all other brands. Apparently, their shell is the thickest... I honestly have no clue what we should focus on. Hoping to do a couple wet tests this week. Comfortable in the $10-12K range paying less would be great too. Maybe I am crazy for spending that amount on a first hot tub. I would love any and all advice and experience here. Something to help navigate the sales pitches.
Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie looking for 1st hot tub AAAAAHHHH
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:43:22 am »

d00nut

Re: Newbie looking for 1st hot tub AAAAAHHHH
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 12:55:36 pm »
Research the dealer.  After the sale support is equal in importance to a quality brand up front.

Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Sundance, Marquis, Hot Spring, Caldera, Artesian would all be on my shortlist as a dealer choosing to represent a brand.  Due to quality, but support the manufacturer provides.

My take is that a great dealer can even make a okay hot tub seem great.  By contrast, a bad dealer can make a great brand seem terrible.

Wet test if you can, as that helps significantly.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 04:40:12 pm »
Research the dealer.  After the sale support is equal in importance to a quality brand up front.

Jacuzzi, Bullfrog, Sundance, Marquis, Hot Spring, Caldera, Artesian would all be on my shortlist as a dealer choosing to represent a brand.  Due to quality, but support the manufacturer provides.

My take is that a great dealer can even make a okay hot tub seem great.  By contrast, a bad dealer can make a great brand seem terrible.

Wet test if you can, as that helps significantly.

You can get a good 6 person spa on your budget but there are some dogs out there too. Use the dealer locators on the websites of these manufacturers noted, visit those that are local and wet test your favorites.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:21:25 pm »
Or spend 3-4 thousand on a value tub that you can throw away in 5-8 years. Then you'll know if you want to shell out 10-20 grand for 15-20 years of longevity. And more expensive tubs feel better than cheap tubs. Swirling hot water is easy, hydrotherapy/longevity isn't.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 06:21:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42