What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1999 Sundance Optima 850 No power to TB2 - Circ Pump  (Read 3439 times)

hblockwood

1999 Sundance Optima 850 No power to TB2 - Circ Pump
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:18:23 pm »
I have just replace a circuit board and when i hit the switch for the final test I found out that the circualtor pump had a short in it.  I have replaced the circ pump and was suspecting that was the answer but it did not start. In troubleshooting this I have found that there is no power to the TB2 where the circ pump connects to the board.  Is there a fuse that corresponds with the circ pump that might have blown?  The jet pumps both function and so does the heater and control panel.

Any help with this mystery would be great~!

Hot Tub Forum

1999 Sundance Optima 850 No power to TB2 - Circ Pump
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:18:23 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: 1999 Sundance Optima 850 No power to TB2 - Circ Pump
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 12:58:20 pm »
Could you show a picture of how everything is hooked up?

are you getting a flashing FLO error message?

hblockwood

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 12:07:40 pm »
Yes I get the FLO Error.  Below is photo:

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 09:35:35 pm »
Some of those mother boards require the circ pump to be off at startup, and then when the signal closes the appropriate relay, there is a delay (new circ pumps are slow-start) and then the board 'expects' the flow switch to close.

If you are lucky enough to have an older mother board, or even if it's new but has the old programming, you can hot-wire the circ pump so it runs whenever the power is hot to the tub. Keep in mind this is 220 volts, and you better have the circuit breaker off while working on it.

Turn on the power, listen and look to verify the circ pump is running, then check for codes. If it throws a FL1 code, you are outa luck: it "wants" the circ pump off at start, until it tells it to run.

Something I have wanted to try but have not yet - connect the circ pump to the connectors for ozone. I think that the ozone relay opens and closes right along with the circ pump, and it's the same size and type of relay, so it should handle the current just fine. You'll have to swap the leads, turn it on and see. The worst is it may, again, throw a  code.

HTH

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 02:04:03 pm »
Is the FLO error flashing between FLO and the temperature or does it just say FLO? 

There is no fuse for the circulation pump. 

If it is flashing FLO and there is not 240 across the black and white for the circulation pump, then the relay on the board is bad.
Is the flow switch open or closed when you are getting the error?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 06:10:58 pm »
Is the FLO error flashing between FLO and the temperature or does it just say FLO? 

There is no fuse for the circulation pump. 

If it is flashing FLO and there is not 240 across the black and white for the circulation pump, then the relay on the board is bad.
Is the flow switch open or closed when you are getting the error?

Hi Chas!!!! long time. Yea your right Serg, good advice you guys. I would try a hard reboot first, Do you have an air hose? Disconnect power, Blow everything off first and clean the equipment bay, check that all the input power terminals are tight when you have the power down. Take out the filter, turn it back on. Check if the flow sensor is open or closed. You can do this by disconnecting the sensor, if you still have the error when its disconnected, its bad, and jumping it will make it run. Are you sure the new pump is wired correctly? Is it an OEM pump?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 06:10:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42