What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Hot Tub - 2-3 person  (Read 1998 times)

jmagill

First Hot Tub - 2-3 person
« on: August 21, 2018, 11:30:08 am »
I am going to look at the following.

Hotspring Jetsetter both models
Bullfrog RL5 and AL5
Artesian Spring Santa Cruz and Iris
Jacuzzi J315
Sundance Dover though this pricing varies wildly by seller in my area.

I live in Western Wyoming so cold and snow are things to take into account. We don't need all the bells and whistles as this will be used just for a quick evening soak most of the time.

Any think you can offer in the way of good and bad would be great. I can easily put in my own 220 outlet so that does not matter.

Hot Tub Forum

First Hot Tub - 2-3 person
« on: August 21, 2018, 11:30:08 am »

castletonia

Re: First Hot Tub - 2-3 person
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 12:32:52 pm »
All the brands you listed are going to be considered premium, quality manufacturers.  However, the models you have listed will vary in terms of being high end and low end within each company.  The Hot Spring Jetsetter NXT, Bullfrog AL5 are top tier from each company and the Jetsetter, RL5, J315, and Santa Cruz are technically a step down.  The Iris is really entry level from Artesian and with Sundance, I would be using the Capri as a more comparable model.

Check out each dealer, they are almost as important as the hot tub you choose.  I think fit is really important, and more so on smaller spas.  Dry test each and once you have narrowed down your list, wet test to see which you like best.  I would run 220V since you can run the heater simultaneously when your jet pump is on high speed.

DJJ

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 03:19:19 pm »
I purchased a Bullfrog R5L less than a year ago and love it. Plenty of power and love the jetpack choices.

jmagill

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 08:42:09 am »
What did you pay for it?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 08:42:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42