What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New product...anyone ever use it?  (Read 6534 times)

gnl9349

New product...anyone ever use it?
« on: July 23, 2018, 12:51:42 am »
Hi everyone. I've had a hot tub for a few years and have tried a bunch of different water treatment products or systems. I'm sensitive to chlorine and bromine products. Recently a friend has told me about a new product she has been using for a few months called ionrx. Has anyone used this product? A nice website with some good info. Good reviews and claims to be all natural. Seems like something I might want to try. My friend swears by this product. She says she has never used something this good. Any info would be appreciated Thanks Gary.

Hot Tub Forum

New product...anyone ever use it?
« on: July 23, 2018, 12:51:42 am »

MarKee

Re: New product...anyone ever use it?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 04:27:09 am »
This is mostly snake oil. These types of systems can work, but it’s basically like using a Nature2 or SpaFrog mineral cartridge and adding a low level of sanitizer or spa shock, this is nothing new, besides using copper instead of silver ions. I love how they bash on chlorine/bromine but then if you read the FAQ, it says to add chlorine as the oxidizer...so misleading.  The one problem with this is if you use zero chlorine or bromine, and you get the right strains of bacteria in the water, you will get a bad skin infection. If the tub gets light use and you shower before using it each time, a system like this might work, but it’s still a risk.

gnl9349

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:08:14 am »
Thanks MarKee. I appreciate your experience with this. So I just got off of a chat session with one of their rep's. Guy named Matt. I have to be honest they seem like they really are knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions and I expressed to him the concerns I had and he pointed me to some of the test data they have done. He directed me on the site to some testing done with independent labs and large universities they work with. They also work with many recreation centers, hotels, and even professional sports teams like the NFL. I am no microbiologist but I am a lawyer, and I know how hard it is to get a patent these days and their technology is patented, which makes me feel more comfortable. Anyways, I ordered one of their starter kits and delivery was free and they offer a money back guarantee, so really don't have much to lose. I will keep everyone updated on how it goes. Honestly, I hope this works....tired of all the issues I am having.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 09:17:16 am »
  Is it EPA approved?   If not, it is probably not used in hotels or any public places for that matter.

gnl9349

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 09:19:43 am »
I believe it is. It mentions the EPA approval they have

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 10:42:47 am »
I believe it is. It mentions the EPA approval they have

Is it approved as a sanitizer?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gnl9349

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 11:00:28 am »
I think so. Honestly that doesn't concern me. I don't trust those government agencies. Waste of my tax dollars

Ghvf

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 04:56:15 pm »
I've used a lot of enzyme products over the years including The Natural and SpaPerfect. I love them myself. You just have to make sure you use them sparingly and with Dichlor or Bromine as a supplemental sanitizer. I'm sure this works in a similar manor...keeps hot tub from clouding, free of chlorine smell and oxidizes leftover lotions, etc. Good luck!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 08:01:45 pm »
You still have to use chlorine.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Sam

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 01:16:27 pm »
I've used a lot of enzyme products over the years including The Natural and SpaPerfect. I love them myself. You just have to make sure you use them sparingly and with Dichlor or Bromine as a supplemental sanitizer. I'm sure this works in a similar manor...keeps hot tub from clouding, free of chlorine smell and oxidizes leftover lotions, etc. Good luck!

Just an fyi, enzymes do not oxidize anything, thus the need for chlorine or bromine. 

gnl9349

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 01:57:40 pm »
So I felt it important to update everyone on this topic. I ordered the ionrx product and had a few questions so I contacted their customer support. I wanted to see how knowledgeable they were. I am a high school chemistry teacher and wanted to see if I could "skunk them out". They were really great and very knowledgeable about every topic I brought up. I was stunned. Everything they said made sense in the chemistry of it. So I ordered the product with one of their starter kits.  I have been using it now for over a month and have to admit.....it is really nice. Never has been my hot tub been this easy to treat. I have a 550 gallon tub and I used to have to check the chemistry every few days. I am now treating my tub with ionrx and I check it once a week and the whole process of adding product and checking takes less than three minutes. Also.....I took a sample of my water to school this week and asked a colleague to test it if there was any bacteria. Said the water was free of any bacteria. I then tested the chemistry of the water and it was in all normal parameters for drinking water....even in chlorine level. The water is crystal clear and there is absolutely no smell. In conclusion I would highly recommend this product. Comes with free shipping...which is a nice bonus.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 01:57:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42