What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub cover lifter  (Read 2257 times)

Newhottubuser23

Hot tub cover lifter
« on: September 05, 2018, 07:54:20 pm »
Hello - I’ve decided on a hot tub.  I ended up going with the Woodstock Elite, one of Marquis’ new hot tubs.  The new hot tub is going to have a deck built around it on three sides with about a foot of the hot tub above the level of the deck.  Given this, the cover lifter that my hot tub dealer uses won’t work (the cover would have to sit lower than the deck would allow).  Would a hydraulic cover lifter be my best option?  It seems as though these lifters also require less space behind the hot tub - is that your experience?  Do you have any particular hydraulic cover lifts that you recommend or any other ideas? 

Thanks for the help!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub cover lifter
« on: September 05, 2018, 07:54:20 pm »

castletonia

Re: Hot tub cover lifter
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 08:28:37 pm »
Leisure Concepts Covermate 3.  Requires 6 inches of clearance behind the hot tub and holds the cover up above the hot tub.  Just make sure not to get the Covermate 3 Eco though. 

bradleyabell

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 07:36:11 am »
Leisure Concepts Covermate 3.  Requires 6 inches of clearance behind the hot tub and holds the cover up above the hot tub.  Just make sure not to get the Covermate 3 Eco though.

I would second this...The covermate 3 works great, and even comes with spots to hang 3 towels from it!

Sam

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 02:24:24 pm »

Why do you recommend the eco?

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 06:40:38 pm »
I don't recommend the ECO.  I personally think the Eco version of the Covermate 3 is junk.  Had poor experience with it a few years ago.  Pain to install, did not seem very well built.  Way too many concessions compared to the original version.

Sam

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 03:32:15 pm »
Sorry, I read your post wrong. You said make sure "not" to get the eco.  I missed the "not".  Derp

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 03:32:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42