What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Altamar 850  (Read 1673 times)

fil bagwadia

Sundance Altamar 850
« on: September 04, 2018, 11:08:47 pm »
Hello helpful people:
I have a 2001 Sundance Altamar 850 series hot tub and replaced the flow switch. Unfortunately the new switch still gives me FLOW error and I can see that the contacts are open. Before I go blaming the vendor, I would like to ensure that I havent screwed up anything. To verify that I have not, I would like someone to answer a couple of questions I have.

1: The Flow Switch is connected to J6. Is it polarized such that the red wire and the black wire have to go back in the same connector pins? Or it does not matter. I ask because I forgot where they went.
2: Somehow I may not have placed the wires in the correct spots. Does anyone have a diagram that will help me what pins exactly on J6 that the switch is connected?

Makes me sound like an idiot that I did not take notes or took a picture of the old connections before I replaced it. But with your help, I am sure we can fix it.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Altamar 850
« on: September 04, 2018, 11:08:47 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Sundance Altamar 850
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 01:01:40 pm »
The connections for the flow switch are the top and bottom of the middle of the plug. Black and red do not matter.

Is the spa giving a solid FLO error or is it flashing between FLO and the temperature?
If it is a flashing FLO and the contacts are open, there is a different issue.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Sundance Altamar 850
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 01:01:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42