What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2001 Sundance Optima weird FLO Error  (Read 3216 times)

PAhottub

2001 Sundance Optima weird FLO Error
« on: July 23, 2018, 06:09:07 pm »
Where do I start.....
I came here hopefully to find some advice and what's going on with my hot tub. I have browsed the forum finding others with similar issues but not quite the same as what I am seeing. I have a 01 sundance optima hot tub. The first issue I had was I had a Sn1 code. I replaced the temp and hi limit sensor. Seemed to fix the issue. Then my 1 speed pump quit working. I thought it was the control panel so I replaced it and that wasn't the issue. I also thought the circuit board was the problem and I replaced it with another used board and still nothing on the single speed pump. I swapped power on the pumps to see if the pump was bad and when I did that I can turn the single speed pump on with the 2 speed pump control. So I figure the pumps fine since it turned on. Swapped the wires back to how it should be. Used the tub for 2 weeks without the single speed pump. The other day I realized the water was getting cloudy and finally the tub flashes FLO and then the temp. It doesn't appear that the filter is working or the temp now. So I left the tub power off for a day and when I turned it on today the air bubbles turn on and theres no way to get them to shut off. I pulled the filter thinking maybe it was clogged and I still have the FLO error. The little TEMP indicator on the control panel turns on only when the 2 speed pump is running. When its off the TEMP indicator for heating goes off.

I am so lost and ready to strip this thing and take it to a landfill. Figured I would reach out to you guys before I do that. Could the pressure switch be causing all these problems? I got a number of issues, single speed pump doesn't work, filter system seems to be not working, FLO error.

Hot Tub Forum

2001 Sundance Optima weird FLO Error
« on: July 23, 2018, 06:09:07 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2001 Sundance Optima weird FLO Error
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:38:43 pm »
 Guessing a bad circ pump.  Little pump beside all the big pumps.  You spent money probably not needed to spend.  Before trashing the spa, you might call a tech that actually knows more then you do.   And I don't mean to say that in a bad way!   

PAhottub

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 09:22:05 pm »
Thanks man, if the pressure switch doesnt fix it I will change the circulation pump. Would that have anything to do with my 1 speed pump not working?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 11:35:49 pm »
 Yeah it doesn't have a pressure switch. it's a flow switch.  Not a lot of difference, but it is. 

PAhottub

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 01:14:24 pm »
flow switch didn't do the trick. Going to try changing the circ pump. Living in rural PA doesn't leave much for reliable spa repairmen.

Isn't it weird that when I turn the breaker on and send power to the hot tub that the air bubbles come on?? They come on and I can't get them to go off, and it also still throws the flashing FLO error

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 05:38:12 pm »
 Do you see water flowing through the flow switch?   Do you have a volt meter?  And when you say air blower, do you mean the little holes in the seats blowing bubbles that sounds like a vacuum cleaner in reverse or the jets? 

The circ pump is like the heart of a hot tub.  If it's not running, it's not going to heat or run in many cases. 

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 02:10:53 pm »
What board is in there?  Which software version does it have?
When the bubble are on, is the icon on? 
When you try to turn the 1 speed pump on, does the icon come on?

PAhottub

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 09:50:04 am »
I can't answer the first 2 off the top of my head. Can I read that info off the board? I can check tonight. When the bubbles are on there is no icon on. When I push the button for the 1 speed pump no the icon does not come on.

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 10:49:17 am »
No icon means they are not supposed to be running. So when you try to turn the 1 speed pump on, the board is not registering that you are attempting to turn it on.  That problem can usually be corrected by disconnecting the auxiliary touch pad.  Turn the power off, unplug the ribbon cable from the auxiliary touch pad, and turn the power back on.  You should now be able to turn the 1 speed pump on.

Depending on the board, you may either have a bad triac or a bad blower relay causing the blower to come on all the time, or they were plugged into the wrong spot on the board.

On the circuit board there is a chip about 3/4 of the way up, near the middle, that will have something like 1.28k or 1.28GX on it.  That will tell me what board you have

PAhottub

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 06:41:11 am »
So I fixed the circ pump / blower problem. Had the wires switched around. Plug them in correctly. Circ. pump and blower work as they should.

1 speed pump still not working I did already disconnect he aux. panel but that didn’t help.

Chip says 1.28G

SerjicalStrike

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 02:05:39 pm »
That board can be set for a 1 pump or 2 pump system.  It may be just a jumper setting. 

Check jumper bank JP9

There should be a jumper across 9 and 10

PAhottub

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 10:02:24 am »
Thanks I will check that when I get home tonight.

PAhottub

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 06:06:51 pm »
Problem solved. Jumper was missing on #9. Thank you guys for helping me out! I really appreciate it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 06:06:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42