What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A8 or A7 for shorter people or people that float easier  (Read 5695 times)

newtohottubbing

My family and I wet tested the A7L.  We also set in an A8L.  We felt the 7 was the right size for us but we didn’t like the lounger.  My only concern on the wet test is that I felt like my wife and I were floating a bit in the deeper seats.  They do not have an A8 on the floor to wet test.

I've heard from a couple of you the following:
liked the footwell on the floor of the A8 to press against from any seat
a foot dome in the center that you can use to prop yourself into your seat

Based on those comments it sounds like the A8 would be better for shorter people or people that float easier.  My only issue is that the price difference they are quoting me is 2000 more for the A8 than the A7.  That seems a bit steep to me.

Current prices quoted including ozone, cover, cover lifter, stairs, installation, start-up chems:
A7 - 11,375
A8 - 13,325

The other thing I noticed is that some people buy a cushion, like the Blue Wave Deluxe Spa Seat Cushion.  Does anyone have experience with these?

Interested in the groups feedback on people that tested both the A8 and A7, and how it helped in staying in the seats.  Also, interested in how much price difference people are seeing between A7 and A8.  Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 06:30:07 am by newtohottubbing »

Hot Tub Forum

HT34

Re: Bullfrog A8 or A7 for shorter people or people that float easier
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:03:36 am »
I was also looking at bullfrog, but they were priced a little bit higher than we wanted to spend.  We sat in the R7 (which is like the A7), and really liked it.  All i can help you with based on your questions is what i was quoted for their tubs.  We received all R and A series prices, and I am told here that my prices are in line with what dealers here would sell for.  My A prices are as follows:

A6 - $11,100
A7 - $12,400
A8 - $13,700

So based on that, i think your prices are pretty good.  Best of luck with your shopping!

newtohottubbing

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:05:42 am »
Any more feedback for people that tested both the A8 and A7, and if the foot dome helped in staying in the deeper seats?

Thisismyname

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 09:02:19 am »
I think the A7 and A8 are the same configuration just different sizes.

We have the A8 and we are both on the "shorter" side.  The foot dome works great from any seat to push yourself back into the seat and eliminate floating.

Snowba

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 04:18:08 pm »
We just bought an A8 due to the foot dome - just sat in it and felt it was right. We also liked getting to pick an extra jetpack over the A7 and we don't have any space constraints.

Are you in Nor Cal? Because we also paid $13,325, but we got them to include the Wellspring circ pump and ozone (althougth later updated to EOS ozone for $100.) Our dealer would not move on price, but was willing to add in the upgrades.

It's getting delivered today !!!

newtohottubbing

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 10:09:21 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I’m in Texas.   I’ve tried to negotiate and they’ll add in updated ozone, and I want them to throw in circ pump.   

I’m probably leaning towards A8 now given the similar feedback on foot dome.  My plan is to wait for Labor Day specials.   

That’s awesome on the delivery.   What packs did you go with?

Snowba

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 03:10:07 am »
We went with -

Rain Shower
Neck Blaster
Neck Masseuse
Versa
Wellness
Oscillator

Our dealer had almost all of them in the showroom to try, which was really nice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 03:10:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42