What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Sovereign Leak  (Read 2068 times)

Diggar

Hot Springs Sovereign Leak
« on: August 08, 2018, 11:27:34 am »
I have a Hot Springs Sovereign II from 2011 that has a leak coming from the back (opposite of the control panel). It is a fairly substantial leak, draining about half the tub in 24 hours. The tub works fine other wise. It heats well, and all the jets work.

My question is  how do I get in to that area of the hot tub? There does not seem to be any screws to open the panels and I am assuming that is where the leak is.
Any help greatly appreciated.

I wanted to upload a photo but I can't seem to find a way to upload on this board.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Sovereign Leak
« on: August 08, 2018, 11:27:34 am »

d00nut

Re: Hot Springs Sovereign Leak
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 08:10:48 pm »
My first guess would be where the moto message is.

Generally speaking, they had some bleed line issues with the moto message before switching to 1/4 inch pvc bend, they had this tiny bleedline nipples, which really serve no purpose.

My suggestion would be to drain out the tub, and clog that bleed line from inside the hot tub (need to take 3 screws off the cover plate of the moto to do it.)  You can get a stint and some devcon from your local HSS dealer, or ask them to perform that service, which should be fairly inexpensive.  $150-$250?

Before you go down that road... the spa wasn't drained for any length of time... especially over the winter was it?

Diggar

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 08:09:06 am »
It was never without water during the winter. Not sure if that is good or bad.
Thanks

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 02:10:51 pm »
Did you have a power outage during winter?  Spa freeze?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 02:10:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42