What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Let us talk chemical balancing...  (Read 1629 times)

StBlGT

Let us talk chemical balancing...
« on: August 09, 2018, 02:07:27 pm »
Hello,

I am going to be getting our first hot tub soon and was thinking about balancing chemicals.  Particularly, in hot vs cold water.  My main questions are:

What is different in the chemical procedure if I wanted my hot tub to be in the 80's or low 90's during summer months and then crank it up to 103 or 104 during colder months (assuming I use the tub 2-3 times weekly with only 2 people)?  Is there more or less of a chemical(s) I would be using?  Is there a negative effect if I keep the hot tub temps lower?  Will it harm anything, or screw anything up electrical wise?  OR should I just keep it in the upper 90's and low 100's all of the time? 

I'm a newb, so I am sorry if these are stupid questions.  I was just curious on what you all do, or what I should or should not do pertaining to these questions.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Let us talk chemical balancing...
« on: August 09, 2018, 02:07:27 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Let us talk chemical balancing...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 05:34:58 pm »
I haven't seen any sort of difference in water chemistry in the temperature ranges you've discussed in all of my years.  If another poster chimes in with a different opinion I'd love to hear the explanation as that would be very interesting (not saying I know everything or that they'd be wrong in any fashion, just would love to learn about this as it would be news to me).

HT34

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:44:02 pm »
I'd be interested as well if anyone else chimes in with information.  I may also be doing this when we get ours...especially for july and august.  I never even thought about if those temps change anything.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:44:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42