What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A8L VS A8D  (Read 4272 times)

jmbeebe0722

Bullfrog A8L VS A8D
« on: August 08, 2018, 02:41:36 pm »
Hi all,

As mentioned in a previous thread.. Our spa (A8L) is being replaced under warranty by Bullfrog. As an agreement with Bullfrog with their Upgrade Fee, we are able to basically order a new tub as is if was new including model, color, jetpacks..etc.

We are considering looking at the A8D as we very rarely "max" out the seats in our current A8L and dual loungers would be nice. I just wanted to reach out and see what other consumers and dealers have as far as feedback on the A8D vs A8L.

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A8L VS A8D
« on: August 08, 2018, 02:41:36 pm »

d00nut

Re: Bullfrog A8L VS A8D
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 08:07:28 pm »
IMO... the A8L is a better tub, so is the A8.  The A8D is awkward.  The lounges are different sizes.

Plus, you should pay less if you go with the A8D, as it costs the dealers less.  And you get one less jetpak.

My suggestion, if you are going off a picture, stick with the A8.

If you can at least sit in them dry, then consider the A8L or D.  My wife and I switched back from a HSS Envoy to a Grandee not long ago.  We missed having the cool down bench versus the lounge, especially since my wife just floats out of the lounge.

Thisismyname

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 09:44:57 pm »
We went with the A8 after having a lounger in our last tub that was rarely used.  Also we liked the footwell on the floor of the A8 to press against from any seat

Frogger

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 09:02:01 pm »
IMO... the A8L is a better tub, so is the A8.  The A8D is awkward.  The lounges are different sizes.

Plus, you should pay less if you go with the A8D, as it costs the dealers less.  And you get one less jetpak.

My suggestion, if you are going off a picture, stick with the A8.

If you can at least sit in them dry, then consider the A8L or D.  My wife and I switched back from a HSS Envoy to a Grandee not long ago.  We missed having the cool down bench versus the lounge, especially since my wife just floats out of the lounge.

It's been a while since this was originally posted but I think it deserves a revisit because the A8D has been slightly redesigned. I have the A8D on order and here is what influenced me. First off the poster made some valid points about the A8L as to having the extra jet pack (and even extra lighted drink pad). But I contend because of the redesign of the A8D the A8L is more awkward now...especially when getting in the spa.  The secondary lounger of the A8D gives a nice flat area to step into the spa. Then the newly designed foot jet area of the A8D gives yet another flat step to enter the spa further. Very easy to get in and out. The A8L has an uneven lounger to step on or deep seats to step into. Nothing even resembling steps. I like the foot jets in more in the A8D as well. The new four foot jets in the bottom basin of the A8D are half moon shaped and  seem to hit every seat almost square on no matter where you sit. The A8L triangle shaped foot jet base seems more off center especially for the side seats. Also, the A8D main lounger I believe is the best lounger Bullfrog makes except for maybe the far more expensive M8 loungers.  The A8D has double foot jets per foot and also wrist jets while the A8L has a single jet per foot and no wrist jets. Finally too I like how the second lounger in the A8D is elevated giving kind of a cool down seat. I dont see any elevation in the A8L.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 09:02:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42